No announcement yet.

Billy's 78 GS1000 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dig that fairing. I've been thinking about fabbing something of my own for a while now.

Comment

Thanks Beergood.

I got my "special shim changing tool" yesterday in the mail. They forgot my gasket. :?

So anyway, I went out to the shed and pulled the shims out of my spare engines. Now I've got 16 shims in a little baggy ready to be swapped into my engine.

Still need feelers and the gasket.

Comment

OK. Got the feelers.

Comment

I dove into it last night. I studied up on the procedure and took notes.

EVERY SHIM was out of spec. Too tight. Id didn't take long and even taking my time it was only two hours start to finish. Next time will be an hour.

There is a noticable improvment in power right off the bat. It's nice. It's funny how a small change to the engine takes POUNDS off the front end.

Comment

Good to hear
            Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
            2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

I rider friend saw these hard bags and a top box at the dump and snagged them. He thought they'd go with my bike pretty well. I think he was right.

Comment

that is too kool, hope you bought him a beer or two! :-D

Comment

HAHAHAHAA!!!

My clutch has had the normal "rattle in neutral with clutch out" since I got it, but it seemed to be getting worse. So today at lunch I pulled the clutch plates out of the spare engine and rode back to the shop.

I pulled the springs and that plate thingy, and BROKEN FRICTION PLATES fell out of the basket!:shock: There were the remains of 3 busted up plates and some blue metal drive plates. I guess the inner plates were doing all the work.

The basket nut was also way loose. Now it's all snugged up with good used plates and smooth as silk!:-D

Comment

If anyone is following my periodic ramblings...

I got the new old Yosh pipe on it after I broke the OEM exhaust. DJ stage 3 is in and at WOT it boogies! I still need to do some tuning for the low end.

Comment

Hey, this is kinda cool.
                      I just found out what make my saddel bags are. Shoei.
                      Check out this listing.

My bags are that shape and had the chrome rails before I removed them. They even had those same lights.

Comment

78 gs 1k

What type of seat is that if I may ask, and the 750 is the first bike I ever purchased. wow what a memory rush, havent seen one of those in that color since 1984. woooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by sachsaca View Post
                          What type of seat is that if I may ask, and the 750 is the first bike I ever purchased. wow what a memory rush, havent seen one of those in that color since 1984. woooooooo
                          Sorry for the delay.
                          Its a "Hang 2" seat, shaved down.

Comment

Working...
                          X