New Low Price On Jardine Exhaust Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Low Price On Jardine Exhaust Systems

I didn't wind up going directly through Jardine as I planned. I bought through a dealer I've used before called Star Cycle in Lebec, California. ( http://starcycle.com/ ) Direct through Jardine the exhaust system was on clearance for $299.95 plus tax. I was going to go by Jardine and pick it up as they are only 30 minutes from my home; however, Star Cycle got it for me for $249.95 plus tax with free shipping. Here are some pics of the exhaust on my Katana. I had just washed the bike so there are water droplets on the exhaust underside.

Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2007, 04:33 PM.

Am I seeing double ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Yep, your vision is still good...

Just making sure that everyone gets a crack at this deal.

Comment

where on the site do you find the deal for our GS motorcycles. I looked and saw nothing for our model bikes.

Comment

I guess I'm being dense

But I wasn't able to actually LOOK ata ny products on their website, especially the $249 black 4-1 Jardine for a GS 1000. Guyver, how did you actually get to this item on their website, or did you go to Jardine's website for the product, then call Starcycle for price? I just went to Jardine's site, and the black 4-1 was almost $500. I gess I'm looking at the wrong item.
          Last edited by jknappsax; 02-24-2007, 10:05 PM.
          1979 GS 1000

Comment

I'm sorry for any confusion...

The part numbers on the Jardine exhaust systems are as follows:

14-4403 for the black exhaust system with the oval chrome canister that you see on my Katana. I got it for $249.95 through Starcycle; it's on clearance for $299.95 through Jardine directly.

14-4406 for the nickel plated exhaust system wwith the round canister. I forgot what they had this on clearance for but I believe it was about $349.95.

Jardine doesn't have any pictures on their website and I have only found pictures of the black system online. The canister on the nickel plated system looks like the new style canister with the angled spout at the end.

These systems will fit the 1982 and 1983 Katana 1000 and 1100 and the 1982 and 1983 GS1100E. I am sure that it was also fit 1980 and 1981 GS1000s.

Comment

did you have to call them? I don't see that part on the starcycle website.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

You're killin' me.

$324 +tx +s/h from Motorcycle Pro Shop. ](*,)

Comment

More Info

Reno,

Yeah I had to call them and give them the part number then they looked it upa nd called their distributor and then called me back. I dealt with John at Starcycle. Coincidentally he is the the guy parting out the Katana GS550 on Ebay currently. I told him the back story about Jardine having a clearance on these exhaust systems and their price and he came back with $249.95 shipped plus tax. He called me back right as I was approaching Jardine's business location preparing to pay the $299.95. ~Gene

Tom,

I'm sorry man. I hate not getting the absolute best deal. Call up where you got them and see if they have a price protection policy or something. That is the same exhaust. It is referred to as the J-3800 as well. ~Gene

Comment

Motorcyclemart.com has Jardines for $283. If you are in Sacremento, Motorcyclemart is the online retail side of "Good Times Kawasaki"

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                      Reno,

Yeah I had to call them and give them the part number then they looked it upa nd called their distributor and then called me back. I dealt with John at Starcycle. Coincidentally he is the the guy parting out the Katana GS550 on Ebay currently. I told him the back story about Jardine having a clearance on these exhaust systems and their price and he came back with $249.95 shipped plus tax. He called me back right as I was approaching Jardine's business location preparing to pay the $299.95. ~Gene

Tom,

I'm sorry man. I hate not getting the absolute best deal. Call up where you got them and see if they have a price protection policy or something. That is the same exhaust. It is referred to as the J-3800 as well. ~Gene
                      Gene,
                      Thanks so much for the info! I ordered mine up today. The pipe is now on the star cycle website, part number 14-4403-03. The guy I spoke to said John screwed up, but they will honor the price. If anyone else wants one, I would jump on it before they pull it back off their website. $250 for a Jardine is unheard of! \\/
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Gene, I just ordered a second set!

When I spoke with John at Star Cycle, he said he sure wishes that price hadn't gotten published! ](*,) But he's gonna honor it. But not the free shipping. Oh well, it's still a great deal! John told me he had 9 left at that price...better make that 8! \\/

Oh, and about my higher priced purchase at Motorcycle Pro Shop last week. I think those dudes are gonna do me right. No refund, but I should be getting a store credit for the price difference. That's okay with me. They got lots of goodies I need!

Comment

Jardine Hijinks

Reno and Tom,

I think that perhaps the powers that be at Starcycle realized that they had an in-demand deal on their hands and could make a little more money on it. The 8 exhaust systems that they have left are most likely what's left of Jardine's supply and after that they're gone. I'm tempted to order another one just to have it on hand in the event something happens to the two I already have on my bikes. I coulda kept the deal to myself but I wanted to spread the joy. Then I went outta town and realized that they might be sold out by the time I got back and I'd wind up without one. Fortunately it didn't go that way and I did indeed snag one and at an even better price than I originally found. Enjoy it guys, and anyone else that gets one, and let me know what you think. ~Gene
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

They ended up charging me freight, so my total was $285.95. Still a great deal! Thanks again, Guyver!

Bruce
                            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Cool Bruce, I'm glad that you got one and still at a great deal. The one I bought for my Katana should get here today. I love the pics of your bikes and that you have them as clickable thumbnails. That's a sharp 1150 and I bet it's a blast to ride. I've never been on one but I'd like to check it out wink, wink nudge, nudge. Heck my 1100 is fast enough to scare most folks into submission but I'd like to sample a little more. My bike has plenty of power and the acceleration always brings a smile to my face. It's SF (Scary Fast) but I'd like to try out HSF (Holy Sh-- Fast).

I know that for me just seeing the bikes that I have in the garage makes me feel like a little kid again, one part fond remembrance of the days when I first saw those bikes, one part continued admiration of the machines that they are and all that they represent to me and one part jumping up and down inside while silently shouting, "I can't believe they're mine!" Of course this all why maintaining a cool and calm exterior. Maybe it's just me.
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X