Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Katana 600

Hey Guys,
    I was wondering if anyone knew much about the early 90's katana engines. I've heard that the 600 and the 750 use the same engine but the 600 has the bore reduced by inserts. Was thinking this might give me an easy way to get an extra 150cc out of my 600. I'm planning on disassembling mine when/if I get a new/newer bike this spring/summer.

I suppose I would need new pistons, rings, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tour 1991 GSX600F Does not share engines with the 750.
    Calling that a Katana around here is askin for trouble:-D

Dink

Comment

old school Katana=Bad ass!!
      New school Katana= Can-O-tuna

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
        Calling that a Katana around here is askin for trouble:-D

Dink
        Sorry Dink
        I should have expected such a response. From now on I'll refer to the bike as a GSXF600. Would that please you?

It may be a can of tuna but I'd say my GSXF is closer to the original "Old School" Katana than those Ay50 "Katana" scooters.

So any advice on engine upgrades/mods?

Comment

I dont have any info for you here, (someone probobly does) but you might want to check out www.sportbikes.ws
          There are a few Katana guys there and youll probobly find what your looking for...
          Good luck bud!!

Comment

Wanna get rid of it?
            :-D

Probably not..

You can stuff a 1100 motor in it- it has been done, 1988 to be exact.
            A 750 will fit with minimal effort (a cple. of mntg. brackets), 1100 you'll have to do a bit of shoe-hornin' for it to fit.

I have ben looking to pickup another 600 Can-O-Tuna to do exactly that (stuff an 1100 motor in from a GSXR).

Woot~!

Party on/

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Busafied View Post
              Wanna get rid of it?
              :-D

Probably not..

You can stuff a 1100 motor in it- it has been done, 1988 to be exact.
              A 750 will fit with minimal effort (a cple. of mntg. brackets), 1100 you'll have to do a bit of shoe-hornin' for it to fit.

I have ben looking to pickup another 600 Can-O-Tuna to do exactly that (stuff an 1100 motor in from a GSXR).

Woot~!

Party on/

Ron
              Thanks Ron, any idea where I could find info on what years fit what? Ie. What years of what engines will fit in my '90(I believe, if not '91) 600 GSXF. I'd love to drop a 1100 GSXR engine into it. Where would you begin looking for one of those?

Always open to offers on anything I own.

Comment

Working...
              X