good Crankmenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good Crankmenship

I told you the story of the shop I sent my crank to for checking and it came back .006 out.....

Well I have heard of this guy in the States who has a very good rep with drag racers. Was chatting with one of them and said my crank was going to Falicon for a complete workup and strait cut gears. He said.." you should try Stan Gardner". So I checked around a bit and his name is well known so I called him and talked to him twice.
    Packin up the old pretsil and shippin it off to him. Complete taredown inspection, new rod bearings, reassemble, dynamic balance, indexed and full weld for 700.00. One of the problems with my other shop may be all the emplyees. Stan does all his own work.

Any of you dudes used his services?
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

He's done my last 2 cranks. I like him alot. This is the crank he just did a couple months ago. The three big names are Falicon, GRC Stan Gardener, and HMP Harrys machine parts. He's turned my cranks around pretty quick each time.

Comment

Katman

Did you get a quote from Falicon. What was the price compared with Stan's.

Do you have contact info for Stan Gardner.

Comment

Just had the street bike crank done by Mr. Pearson (another solid crank builder). We supplied the gear and I think it came to around $450 so the price is in the same ball park.

I have never use him but have never heard anything bad about his work. You should be fine.

Comment

http://www.grccranks.com/

falicon was 700 without bearings.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I had him do a GS1000 Katana crank for me and several T500 two-stroke cranks. His work is absolutely top notch. This is a T500 crank he did for me.

Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Stan is highly recommended by Jay at APE and thats good enough for me. I have used Falicon many times and have a history of crank failures. I must admit using a 12K RPM rev limiter chip and hitting it frequently in my drag bike but geez I wonder if it could have gone differently if Stan had prepped them. His website is bookmarked in my favorites list.....BadBillyB

Comment

I have had Gardner Cranks in 2 "streetbike" motors, last one went 7.87, no problems. I would not consider going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                X