Extended swingarm Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended swingarm Help?

Hey guys... I just got an 3" extended swing arm off a gs 1100. Im going to put it on my 82 gs 750e. I need all the advice I can get on this switch over. How much longer a chain? How much bigger a tire? To I need a spacer on the front sprocket? larger springs? Longer brake bracket? Any other advice would be great!

anything I should add here? Pics, Dimesions.... Just looking for what size rim and tire I could run. I know Ill need to offset the front sprocket.

Comment

Compare it (dimensionally) to the old one. To what degree is this extended arm built? (stock piece with extensions, club foot, double club foot, braced in any way, JMC piece, etc...). Get all numbers for both arms.

1) Outside distance across the front mount (are there provisions for needle bearings in the extended arm?)

2) Inside distance the rear legs (where the rear wheel goes). You may not need spacers at all if they are the same. If these umbers are the same then run the original tire/wheel combo to save $$$.

Are you going to run the same sprocket ratios? If its 3" over then new chain length would be easy to figure out if you are staying with the old ratio, and same chain pitch (I would recommend new sprockets with a new chain). Mock the arm up in your bike, without shocks, and see if you have the clearance through the arc of the swing.

A picture is worth a thousand words . Post one of the swingarm and you may get more help.

Comment

Speaking of extensions, who makes extensions for the GS swingarm?

Comment

This is what I believe a stock gs 1100 swing arm with an extension on the bracket end that holds the tire. This is home made... from a guy that does metal fab. I dont know him personally. I bought it from a "friend" of a friend. So I have no information on it. I have a stock 1100 aluminum swing arm on it now. As a replacement for my stock. i decided I wanted to put a larger back tire so I bought this swing arm. Any info would be much appreciated

Comment

if your 750E has an alum swingarm like the 1100's it will take the same size wheel as the one you bought. 5.5 rim with 180 tire.

There is a ton of posts here explaining the conversion which is not a one part deal but isn't rocket science either. You can do it dude.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Thanks Katman... I had no idea what size tire a 83 gs 1100 took. I also did a search for extended swingarm before I posted. I appreciate any help I can get.

Comment

the 1100 doesn't have a 5.5 wheel but can accomodate one. I think its 3 links for every inch back????? don't quote me.
                Last edited by katman; 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
                X