Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting for Pods and other questions.

Jetting for Pods:

The PO of my bike put pod filters on my bike, but considering the way he sold it to me, I'm pretty sure that he didn't rejet.

So I'm wondering what you guys' best guess would be on rejetting CV carbs with pods and stock exhaust.

I found this thread

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

and ToddStyles describes my exact same set up with 125 main jets, but says nothing about pilot jets.

Other questions: (and forgive me, because these are kinda dumb)

What are needle jets? Is that the same as the pilot jet?

If it's not the same as the pilot jet, where is the needle jet?

What is does the air jet do?

What does the air screw, on top of the carb on the engine side, do?

I've seen all these terms used in reference to jetting and tuning carbs, but all the visual aids and things that I've been using to learn about carbs don't give me this information. And I also think that different people call the same part different things. So if anyone can help me, that would be GREAT!

thatdood

There is actually another thread that discusses this. I have KnN pod filters on my GS850. I tried all kinds of jetting and it still ran like crap. I found that the only resolution was to buy a Dyno Jet kit. Theres a little more to it than just putting in new pilot and main jets. Look for the thread that reads "keep your old airbox". or something. I have researched this and done this myself. This is really the only way to go if you want it to run right.

Comment

Working...
    X