Two quick changes. Whole new bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two quick changes. Whole new bike.

So I put new clutch discs and springs in the 850. The old discs were fine, but I bought new ones by gum so I changed them anyway. The clutch used to slip pretty bad getting on the freeway and such, so I got new springs too. Holy crap my clutch hand is tired! the clutch is a zillion times stiffer than it was before, but at least it doesn't slip.
    The second thing I did was raise the spring setting on the rear shocks a couple of clicks. The bike feels a lot more stable in corners and the grooved pavement on the freeway around here doesn't toss the thing around nearly as much as before either! Great day for a ride...

Changed my clutch springs and it's so hard my wife can hardly operate the clutch. Works OK for my hand, though, although I wouldn't mind it a bit lighter. But it's nice to know the clutch ain't slippin' any time soon!

Comment

DO YOURSELF a favor put the stock springs back in or at least half of them. If you haven't done it ? Get the replacement Progressive fork springs !!!!

Comment

I agree, I had some real stiff after market springs and not only was the clutch very hard to pull in but the transmission shifted like crap. finding neutral was a real bitch. I went back to the stock springs and everything worked fine.

Comment

Progressive fork springs are definately on the list. I'm going to take a break from spending money on the 850 and concentrate on the drag car and the 750 this summer though. I am considering putting a couple of the stock springs back in, but it shifts fine, just lots of clutch effort. I can get used to that.

Comment

Originally posted by 80gs1100 View Post
            I agree, I had some real stiff after market springs and not only was the clutch very hard to pull in but the transmission shifted like crap. finding neutral was a real bitch. I went back to the stock springs and everything worked fine.
            Yeah I'd go every other with the stockers, except like an idjut I threw them out. Sigh.

Comment

I fell for those damn Barnett springs as well. What a complete waste of time, I could never do a 300 mile day with those things.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

new stock springs will fix it....

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                I fell for those damn Barnett springs as well. What a complete waste of time, I could never do a 300 mile day with those things.
                Unless you are drag racing constantly.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                X