Bike Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Updates

I have a 1983 Suzuki GS850G that I have modified by putting a 4 into 1 V & H exhaust. I also took the air box out and replaced it with 4 uni pods & rejetted it. I also put an ignition advance on it. I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of horsepower and torque I'm running now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

putting it on a dyno is the only real way to know for sure

Comment

I figured I would need to do that... thanks for your help!

Comment

I would be interested in the to how much power that bike makes too. I have all the same stuff, but I will need new coils so I plan to get a complete Dyna S ignition kit. Then I will make sure I have the correct jetting, adjust the valves, get the timing set, change all the fluids, and then go out and have some fun with it. I am pretty meticulous in vehicle maintenance.

Comment

Jetted correctly probably has 75-80 hp

Comment

Originally posted by jason96r View Post
            I would be interested in the to how much power that bike makes too. I have all the same stuff, but I will need new coils so I plan to get a complete Dyna S ignition kit. Then I will make sure I have the correct jetting, adjust the valves, get the timing set, change all the fluids, and then go out and have some fun with it. I am pretty meticulous in vehicle maintenance.
            Can you expalin to me what a dyna system is.I do not understnad the electrical system of my 89 1000 L.Rectifier,igniter,etc.I wondered if a system like yoou are talking about eliminates some of this stuff.
            future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
            X