Rear Wheel Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Wheel Conversion

Hi guys!.... I am gathering parts to change my rear wheel to a 95 gsxr 1100 wheel. I have the wheel and a have the rear brake caliper, however, the mount for the caliper looks like it slides into a groove on the swingarm. My question is can I weld on a channel to my swingarm, or would I be better off getting a caliper mount that uses a brake arm instead, and, what year mount should it be?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used a caliper hanger off a '93 GSXR750. It uses a rod like the GS caliper but is mounted upside down. I had to have a new rod mount welded to the underside of the GS swingarm. Either way you'll have to weld something.

Comment

For my 1982 1100 sz katana I used the following, a GSX 750F (the fully faired monstrosity that suzuki USA dared call a katana but we refer to as a teapot) rear caliper, the model with the twin piston tokico caliper mounted above the swinging arm. To hang it I used a gsf600 bandit bracket, it allows you to use the standard brake torque arm and being above the swinging arm looks standard. You will then have to have new wheel spacers machined and either use an offset front sprocket or have the rear sprocket mounting face on the cush drive machined to get the chain line and clearances correct.

Comment

Working...
      X