78 GS550 cafe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobiism View Post
    Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked on it. Hows that shaftie doing? As much fun as you'd hoped?
    What a sleeper man! Looks nice, sounds all smooth and quiet and stuff. But its a monster! When i first bought it, It was a bit on the heavy side, compared to the 750s ive ridden forever, but once i got the feel for it, its pretty nimble. Moreso than youd think. I took it out on a ride with some friends to WV a few weeks back, Memorial weekend actually, and MAN that thing LOVED those twisty mountain roads. Hows your Kat coming along? Messed with it at all? Theres a guy on here selling off Kat parts, almost a whole bike it looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      What a sleeper man! Looks nice, sounds all smooth and quiet and stuff. But its a monster! When i first bought it, It was a bit on the heavy side, compared to the 750s ive ridden forever, but once i got the feel for it, its pretty nimble. Moreso than youd think. I took it out on a ride with some friends to WV a few weeks back, Memorial weekend actually, and MAN that thing LOVED those twisty mountain roads. Hows your Kat coming along? Messed with it at all? Theres a guy on here selling off Kat parts, almost a whole bike it looked like.
      Thats good to hear man, glad you like it.
      I decided to hold of on the Kat until I can devote the money and time it requires. I really want that bike to be something special. An 1150 engine and fully upgraded suspension will probably get slotted into that beast.

Comment

NOICE! The 750B cafe is JUST about done. I had to buy a new set of carbies for it, cos the slide in my number one got hoplessly siezed by rain water of all things. Teach me to not cover my pods up! I tried EVERYTHING to get it loose. Wasnt happening. So i have a new set of carbs. Just got them the other day, have to clean em, change the jets over from my others, and put them in my rack cos the choke set up is different on them. But no biggie. Just been doing more riding and working than wrenching lately. I also picked up 1/4 turn throttle set up for it, and im waiting for that to get here too. (got one for the 1100G too, tho i dunno if I will like it on that..we'll see) I also have to swap out the rear wheel, as its run out of true. Got some new spokies to throw on it, but need some rubber on em first. Always something with these damn things...lol. She SHOULD handle like a SOB tho. Cant wait to see that Kaw done man! Get some vids up when you do, i wanna hear it runnin!

Comment

Okay...that kaw-twin is disturbingly cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
            Okay...that kaw-twin is disturbingly cool...
            Hey thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tobiism View Post
              Hey thanks!

Absolutely! Now go post that thing up over at KZrider.com and watch the geek-factor explode!

-KR

Comment

um, yeah, i agree. that kaw is bad. azz. so is the gs in this original thread, but that kaw, man, sweet. good thread
                1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

oh no, now I want to make a cafe racer. Awesome job on the bike!

Comment

Update on Cafe Bike

Well over the winter and now dragging into the summer I have upgraded the 550cc to a 650cc with head, cylinders, pistons, carb, etc. Put a small powder coat oven in the basement and gave the engine a nice new shiny paint job. ,

Still messing with the carbs so if any one has done this conversion and can assist on which jets seem to work best that would be great. I bought the carbs off eBay so the jets are what came with it.

Comment

bitchen! love it!

Comment

Very, VERY cool!!!

Comment

Had a chance to clean up the bike and take a few photos. Just thought I would share.

Comment

AWESOME BIKE!!!!!! I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by 78gscafe View Post
                              I have upgraded the 550cc to a 650cc with head, cylinders, pistons, carb, etc. ,

Still messing with the carbs so if any one has done this conversion and can assist on which jets seem to work best that would be great. I bought the carbs off eBay so the jets are what came with it.
                              Could you list what jets are currently in the carbs on your bike?

Comment

how did you do the 650 swap? stock block with a 650 head/cams and pistons?

Comment

Working...
                                X