calling UK and Europe - Motad question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calling UK and Europe - Motad question

I see that Motad, who I beleive are based in the UK, offer an exhaust for my GS650 (and other GSs). It's either that, a MAC which I understand is a tad noisy for the city, or rechroming the stock set.

Any UK/Europe rider experience with this Motad make? Opinions on the quality and sound?

I had a Motad 4-1 pipe on my GS1100 for several years. I guess that it was the same model what they are still selling to our bikes. The sound was very quiet, close to the stock I think. I don't have any complaints about the quality either. The bike came with that pipe when I bought it and I used it four years. Chrome was still just fine except on the side of the end can which I scraped on the surface of the racing circuit
    Arttu
    GS1100E EFI turbo
    Project thread

Comment

Here's the contact person I have for the US distrbuter of Zard/Motard/Micron exhaust.
      Good Guy.

Steve Larson
      Customer Support - Annitori Distributing
      www.Annitori.com
      1-888-963-1212
      info@Annitori.com

Zard Exhaust
      Motad Exhaust
      Hyperpro Suspension
      Micron ExhaustSteve Larson

Comment

Originally posted by rkubik View Post
        I see that Motad, who I beleive are based in the UK, offer an exhaust for my GS650 (and other GSs). It's either that, a MAC which I understand is a tad noisy for the city, or rechroming the stock set.

Any UK/Europe rider experience with this Motad make? Opinions on the quality and sound?
        I have a Motad system on my GSX. Sounds a bit louder than OEM. Only gripe I have is that the collector and the locating collars rusted completely away on the first system (also the can) after a few years. Why they did not make the collector etc out of stainless is anyone's guess.

Have been told that the new one I just fitted is now made with a stainless collector but only time will tell! Fitting was easy as all the bits went together well.

If I could have found a good original system at a resonable price I would have fitted that.

Comment

Working...
        X