Where can I get light weight wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get light weight wheels?

Ive looked all over for aftermarket wheels to replace my stock heavy cast ones. Can you guys help direct me to some people that make aluminum performence wheels or brand new old school wire spokes and rims that will match up with my 78 gs1000 specs (bolt on).

Also...

Almost forgot, does the vance and hines chrome exhaust system scrape easy in corners? What other systems are available for a 78 gs1000?

Comment

Hrm, dunno about finding bolt up lightweight wheels for the GS1000 (although a GSXR front/rear end swap would accomplish this), but the V&H header/pipe has good ground clearance. I was able to scrape the brake pedal pretty hard when the bike was stock, but never once touched the pipe down in the corners. The only time it ever ground out was when I hit a speed bump going pretty fast.

Comment

When I put the 600 katana wheels on mine I was supprized at how much lighter they were than the originals.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

PMFR

I need to add more letters before the system will take this note.. Is this enough?

Comment

Here are a couple sites but the sets are $$ and you will need to check for your application.

1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Performance machine,RC wheels, PMFR, Kosman all make wheel to fit GS but be prepared for the $$$$

Comment

Working...
              X