No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started out with a 15/48 on my bike. Man did it sing. What do you have in the front?

With 60's like that you have nothing to fear. They are in line with the kids bike. It would be fun to have you come up and enjoy some of our cooler weather. During the bike meets we normally camp out and have a pretty good time.

Comment

The front is a 15. So I'm 15/48. With less motor I probably need to go up 1 or 2 more. I wish sprockets were cheaper.

I slowed the video down to 25%. It has the tire in the air riding the bars all the way to the tree. Or so it looks to me....
      Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

LOL. I wish all the parts were cheaper!!!

Not sure if this helps, but if your running the same size tires (26") and say you want to limit the RPM to 10,000 and stay with the 15 T front.

Rear Sprocket, Max speed in 5th gear

51 tooth, 133 MPH
        50, 136
        49, 139
        48, 141
        46, 148
        44, 154
        42, 162

I did a little Excel sheet if you want it. Seems like the 50 may be a good choice. Down side is the track prep. Martin is a funky track to race on. It was built in the swamps. Once the sun goes down, the dew starts to settle on the track. Not too much of a problem in the summer.

Comment

My old 1100 head after Paul's guy made a few tweeks.

Now, paint it red to match the cases?

Interesting thing to mention. I had switched to the 1150 head not because of the bigger valves but because I was told that the 1100 head would not hold up to much over 20 PSI boost. I spoke with Terry who said that this would not be an issue unless the engine went lean or you were running close to 40 PSI. I have learned to trust his call.

Comment

We had a pretty good weekend. A little on the cold side but othere than that the weather was great. I took my bike up on Friday to see if the accumulator would solve the shift problem and to get the clutch sorted back out.

There were some guys parked next to us with a car. They came over after one of their passes to show us how the drive shaft went thru the floor board. This was not too scary untill they told us that half of the shaft was on the track and they were trying to get them to stop the race. Who was up next, the bikes! There were only 4 of us and we all went! None of us saw it, good thing!

Funny thing, the bike has been going very streight, until that pass. We had a lot of wind over the weekend. Not sure if that was it, or an angle reached down and moved me over (to miss the drive shaft), but once I passed the stripe, I ended up crossing over the center line. I think this may have been the first time I ever did this.

The accumulator seems to have solved the shift problem. No miss shifts all night. The bike never miss shifted until I added the nitrous regulator. I was guessing that the regulator was too slow and it slowed down the cylinder. It must have been the case.

Clutch came together after a few tweeks. Ran into a snag with the turbo and could not figure out a solution so I packed it up. Ended up making 5 passes. Did set a new record with her but nothing steller. She ran a 1.32 short, 5.56 1/8, 8.6821 @ 155.72 MPH 1/4. So I am back to where I was last year, but have a lot of room to grow now. Engine is running rich and smooth.

Saturday was not so great. The kid fell to Green when he got out of the groove and the tire spun. Wish I had video. It was scary to watch. Dad made it to the finals with Green, but in the end it was Green. Have a friend who races an altered that won what ever class he is in.

Comment

Sounds like your all havin' fun:-D

We had a good start yesterday, nice weather, a couple of good time runs....but first round I went red and busted the tranny at the same time....

Ouch...so I miss today's points race and have to hustle if I want to make next Saturday's race....

Thread here:

Better luck ahead....

Bob T.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I had ran into a snag when I ran that 8.6 pass. The old girl just would not build any higher boost. I discovered my method of setting the cams was not the same technique that Terry uses. I reset them using his way and gained another 15 PSI cranking pressure. Then we found the main problem (we think). Wrong spring. Made it back to the track with the new parts last Friday. I had to turn it all back down and jet it fat again to start. We left early to make sure we could get some runs in while the temps were high. The track is about 80 miles away and it takes me about 1 1/2 hours to get there.

We got the bike prep'ed and pushed it to the line. Right then a car blew up and oiled the length of the track. I pushed the bike back to the trailor and played cards for about a half hour while they cleaned up the mess.

Once the track was clean I managed to make my first pass. A radical 9.8 something on about 3 PSI. I made a few more adjustments and passes and it started to come to life again, but then another car blew up in the shut down area. More delays and the sun was going down.

My second to the last run the boost was almost to 17 PSI. Higher than when I made the 8.6 pass. The clutch slipped with the added power so I made a few more tweeks. She makes some pretty good low end power now and the MTC multistage is really paying off! I am now running springs and weight combos I thought I would never get away with a year ago.

My last attempt was a total bust. The bike ran a 1.31 short (I think the best ever since I have owned it) but was spinning the tire. When it shifted to 2nd it stayed on the limiter. I just backed off and buttoned it thru. We were in the 40's (way too cold) and there was just too much dew on the track to hold the power. Didn't even get it into the 8s but got some real good data. Should be close for the next time out.

We stayed and watched the kids race their imports. Most were around 100MPH and in the 12-16 second range. The all seem to have a pretty good time. Glad the track does this for them. Keeps them off the streets. Wathced a kid on his bike run the whole track with the front end in the air. I don't know if they booted his ass out or not. We got home at 2:30 in the morning. I prep'ed the GSXR for the summer when I got up and headed back to the track to do my pit duties. Had a nice ride up. Beats driving the car.

The kid gave up the points lead to Green. We should turn that back around soon. Plenty of race time left in the season. I don't think he liked getting spanked that first race and has not lost since. I played with the new bike a few times now but can't seem to get the auto to work on it. This makes 3 out of 3 Kaws that this auto/ignition comb doesn't seem to work. So the kid is still on his small tire bike. If you get DRM magazine, there was an article on him last month.

Hope everyone is doing good this season.

Comment

I did a little write-up about my secret weapon/slider clutch I'm runninng this year.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
                    I did a little write-up about my secret weapon/slider clutch I'm runninng this year.

Tell me what you think.

http://rccracing.com/personalpage/airride.html
                    Very good! Excellent in fact!\\/

I hate depending on the scooter to get back...

Nice work....

Comment

RYAN get a patent now !!
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

wow:shock: that bike is bada$ what engine is that??? sry im new!

Comment

It's a gs1100 engine with an 1150 head.

Comment

Good deal! We were talking about it just the other day.

I was doing a search the other day and came across of couple of videos made by some of the local kids. This first one is sort of funny.

This one is from one of the Friday night races. If you want water, you bring your own. There are no red lights because they don't use the tree. Races are heads up. They only use the win lights. Kids sit right along the wall.

Comment

Cool video's

We'll I've had a couple weeks off. We had our second son last week. We named him Greyson. Mom and baby are doing great. The two greatest experiences in my life were watching my boys birth. Both weeks I stayed home from the track it rained out. I got lucky.

This weekend they have a gasser race with no bikes. I think I'll go out and watch later. I need the smell of racing gas in my nose.

While I was off I started looking around for cams. I'm getting a set of megacycle 360 lift. I'm hoping to pick up a couple mph on the big end. I thought about going up on the rear sprocket, but I may wait and see what the cams do first. If I get any good video I'll post up later.

Comment

Congradulations Ryan!! \\/ \\/

Comment

Working...
                                X