No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bob are you going to post some videos of the event?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
      Hey Bob are you going to post some videos of the event?
      Gosh....I'm so far behind.
      I started editing the first weekend, but only got the first couple of minutes done.
      It takes me an hour to edit one minute of video....
      Plus I'm trying a new mic and the sound needs work...

Now I have two weekends on tape with the third coming up on the 21st.

I'm hoping to get at least the first weekend done this week....

Your not the only one askin':-D

Bob
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

8.35 last night. Off the gas and sputtering.

Comment

Very fast....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wow thats getting it. What kind of mph?

Comment

That's awesome!! You'd be close to the fastest time I've seen at Famoso. Are you running silly gas?
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks! She only ran a 151. Keep in mind it was running 155-56 so a little chop. I made a clip so you can hear how bad she sounds... Still no solid ideas on what the problem is. Heading to the shop to look at a few more things.

The bike does have nitrous, but I have too many problems to add one more to the mix.... yet. The only reason the bike went from 8.50s to the 8.35 was a change to the clutch. With all these new billet parts I decided to tweek the clutch a little more. She had a 1.27 short time, locking up at about 12 feet out versus about 30 feet before.

Comment

Double points weekend again. So no new records tonight with the Flag bike. Need to get my rest to push these bikes all day. Hoping we can repeat last weeks numbers.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

Made it to the track tonight and after a lite rain we were back at it. Still have'nt got into the 6's yet... still at 7.03, 7.07 and 7.08 but my mph is 104 or 105 and still spinning the slick at the line. I guess I just need to replace it, maybe it's time for some new fiber too's cause it been years since I replaced them too.

Humidity was at 85% tonight and the bike was still screaming. I may just slap the bar and lockup back on and get my left thumb back in the action

I'm wondering how many rpms the GS can take cause I can easy go past 12K with this head and the bike likes it :roll:

But it's still fun
                    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Jake, come on back to the world of box, bar, and slick racing. The waters warm.

Went four rounds for the win. It was a big weekend for the points. I was 1 up on second place. He red light in the first round. Puts me up 5 rounds. I just need to keep it going. Starting to get alot more comfortable with dialing the bike. Lights were 520, 517, 521, 518, 539, 519. Alot better than my 560-570's a couple weeks ago.

On a downer note a friend of mine had a small heart attack at the track yesterday. They llife-flighted him to metro in Cleveland. Ended up being a complication with a stint he had put in a year and a half ago. They went in and fixed it and it looks like he'll be just fine.

Added a pic. Thought it was a good one.
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Ok, here is the most boring drag video you may ever see. I call it "Life of the Pusher Man"

With a slider you have to get the bike back to the pits, somehow. You see a lot of golf carts and mini bikes towing. There are people that ride their sliders back by snapping the throttle. And let's not forget Ryan's air clutch!!

Beyond this, there are the pushers. With the camera in the left hand (except when we clutch), front tire about 6 - 8" away at all times from the other bike and your foot locked into the bars. Traveling at speeds up to 20 miles per hour. Sheer heart pumping excitement. Once I even lost my sneeker. It's all about the rider and the pusher man, talking about stratagy, the other teams, how the run went...

Why did I waste the tape...

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
                          Jake, come on back to the world of box, bar, and slick racing. The waters warm.
                          The lockup's back in & the 7k chip is back in the 2step. Only thing left is the bars :-D
                          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Back in the saddle again Jake? Well, we can't say you didn't give it a good try. It's hard to go fast without bars and a slick. No idea how those people figure out the shootout bikes. That is IMO one of the best classes to watch, after T/F. I like it better than Funny. Those guys can ride and the clutch tuning must be a nightmare.

Great shot. That's what it should look like! Glad to hear things are starting to come together with that clutch. There was a guy at the races last weekend that was talking to Doug about the slider. I ended up showing him your website. He may be in touch with you. I think he is interested in making one.

After talking things out with Terry, the flag bike's motor came back apart tonight. I hated to do it but we just could not come up with the cause of the high end studder. It's not going to run any quicker until this is nailed. Looks like I will be down again for a few weeks. Maybe we will have some cooler weather by then.

What, no one liked that action film? We pit guys get no respect! LOL.

Comment

Hey, how do you cool your bikes?

I got one of those blue squirel cage fans for Father's day from Sam. That thing pushes some air! I can cool in a 1/4 of the time with that thing.

Comment

Sittin at home on a Friday night. Can't get my fix and gettin the jitters. So help an old man out and post some results!

Think the down track studder is solved. Once I pulled the head and measured it, looks like it was not setup the same as Red and the there was just not enough valve seat pressure. This is the only time I have had anything in question from Paul's shop (FBG).

Consider that the head was first sent to them two summers ago. They could have said that it had been too long. After talking with them they agreed that if it was something they did wrong they would correct it. I shipped it with copies of the invoices and my orignal letter that talked about it being for a turbo.

I called today and it sounds like she's got some new parts in her. Should have it back early next week. Small mistake but sounds like they are going to help out and do the labor for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X