No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't help you out either Mark, had some rain today so the bike stay'ed in doors.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Heading out this hour for two days at Byron...
      For the first time this summer it won't be in the 90s\\/

High of 78º today and 81º tomorrow....:-D

Hoping I can put something together this weekend.

Bob T.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

:-D go get em Bob

Comment

I'm using a round steel cage fan I got from Home Depot. I think it's a Hampton Bay. It really moves alot of air. I think it was under $50. The guy I ran in the final has a Z1 he runs in the 10.40's with. He never cools his down. He almost looks at me funny when I run the fan on mine.

Weather today looks perfect. Mid 70's and sunny. I'm going to head out as soon as I get off work. Got the trailer out in the parking lot ready to go. I don't know what the air is like yet, but I expect it to run pretty good.

Good luck everyone. Stay safe.

As an update. I went from good lights the past two weeks to right in the toilet. 533, 495, 499, 491 in the first round. Went from 1.021 in the box to 1. 027 and still went red. Bike ran 9.567, 9.569, 9.574, 9.540 in round one when the air cooled off. Guess thats racing.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2007, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I would have brought over the beer if you were closer Jake.

This is the fan I got.

Most of the bikes that run at Martin are water cooled. One is oil cooled. We normally cool just the clutch but I cool my whole engine.

.530 was good. What's the average rider do at your track? I think we are in the .550s or so as a group.

I wish they allowed delay boxes in IHRA. I would love see them seperate the E/T classes using low tech and high tech. Low tech would be stock, foot shift, hand clutch class. Not even shift lights allowed. Anything mechanical goes. You could have slicks, bars, longer base, lowered, etc. but you have to drive the bike.

Then have a class for the air shift, shift light, 2-step, line lock, delay box, retard - throttle stop controls. You could use a slider for this class but because low tech needs a clutch lever, no sliders would be allowed.

Comment

Got r/u in super pro car class last nite.Went .008 .008 .015 .012 then -006 in the final.ran 6.342 on 6.34 ,6.33 on 6.33 ,6.33 on 6.32 the 6.31 on 6.31 int the final .

Comment

Thats killin it.

Im not sure what the average is. We have a couple guys that kill the tree. Then a couple that kill the tree, but will still throw in a slow light here and there. And then a couple that just seem slow most of the time. So I would say we have a very wide range. In time trials I never even look at what the other guy does.

Comment

Holy smokes, what a weekend....
                  Man, was the bike running great....straight, fast and consistant...
                  I love the Pro .400 tree stuff.
                  Saturday ran back to back 9.19s and with .029 light for a decent qualifying position, I was confident....

But late, late, late in the first round...Darn.

Sunday the bike was still spot on....runnin' a 9.27 and a 9.26 in time runs..... Qualified #2 with a .015 RT..
                  Won a couple of rounds and had the bye into the finals....
                  Went to push the bike up to the lanes for the final and found the air tank was empty....:shock:
                  Turned out the body had rubbed a hole in my air line...no time to change it, the other guy was waiting, but not for long....
                  We duct taped the hole as best we could, raced up there with a portable cyclinder.....
                  My friend Paul aired me up as the pre-stage lights lit....I treed the guy, made all my shifts and rolled of the track with zero pressure in the tank.....Whew....
                  Here's a pic at the starting line as we staged...that's Paul with the tank:

First Finals win on the bike....\\/

Bob T.

Comment

Congrats Bob sounds awesome. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      ...I treed the guy, made all my shifts and rolled of the track with zero pressure in the tank.....Whew....

First Finals win on the bike....\\/

Bob T.
                      Way to win under pressure!!

Comment

The Winners Circle!

Comment

Nice picture!

I like the spoke wheels. You just don't see them that much anymore. Do you have to stay on top of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                            Nice picture!

I like the spoke wheels. You just don't see them that much anymore. Do you have to stay on top of yours?
                            Thanks! I'm a big fan of spokes myself. Love 'em.
                            I just "ding" 'em once and awhile during the season, rarely find a loose one.
                            During the winter I will check them/retune them.

Comment

UPS showed up tonight with the head. Now has the same springs they used on Red's head along with titanium retainers to hold the higher pressures. Now it's got seat pressure. Got off to a late start but should have enough time to finish her up for Friday.

Comment

OK..what's up????

We be racing at RT66 Sunday...box racing, last race...see how it goes...

Later,
                                Bob T.

Comment

Working...
                                X