No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, did you replace the bolts? We broke one off in the Kaw. this weekend when we over tightened. I mentioned what had happened to you. The first question was if the bolts were all grade 8 and if you had them torqued.

Jake was that with the bars and slick back on? 60' getting real good.

Fun video. We had some sort of street car race. I heard one of the other tracks was vandelized so they moved it to Martin. They came with their own announcer. When we got there we pulled in behind an old MonteCarlo with two guys pushing it through the gates. We pulled behind them again in tech. I asked them where their trailor was. They told me they drove it from Indiana. It was a 9 second steet car. Really! Blown, injected big block. All tucked under the hood. They told me that some of the car mags have done features on it because they drive it all over the place.

I only made two passes. Both were a bust. Forgot to log the first run. 60' was real bad so I took the pack out. Only had 3 passes on it. Broke a plate.
    The second pass the bike jerked hard enough that my neck is still tender today. It seems the brand new MSD is having a problem and it just gets lost or something. The only good thing to report is that the studder problem seems to be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
      Bob, did you replace the bolts? We broke one off in the Kaw. this weekend when we over tightened. I mentioned what had happened to you. The first question was if the bolts were all grade 8 and if you had them torqued.
      I got two new sets of bolts from MTC when I ordered the new hat..
      I've got a new tube of blue locktight to put them in with...
      I'm sure the just came loose....the broken off pieces are all different lengths....

Bob T.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        I got two new sets of bolts from MTC when I ordered the new hat..
        I've got a new tube of blue locktight to put them in with...
        I'm sure the just came loose....the broken off pieces are all different lengths....

Bob T.
        This seems to be hit and miss. The Raptor motor always had to be glued. But all the others stay tight. We use a little red on them. What r they torqued to?

Comment

What has everyone been up to? Any cool explosions or victory dances to tell about?

Not much has been going on here. Our last points race and the all bike meet were cancelled due to rain. They were going to have a V8 powered drag bike come for the Bike Wars. Would have loved to have got it on tape. It sounded like E J Potters story, burning the tire all the way down the track.

I got his movie BTW (Potter's). Pretty good, but I like that sort of stuff. The movie starts by showing him sitting on a cinder block inside his garage. He starts talking about retirement in Florida and what old people do. He shows a pop bottle that was made into some sort of spinning thing you would hang in a tree. He says old people make them to show that they can still do stuff. Then he fires up a small jet engine that is sitting next to him and proceeds to put the pop bottle spinner into the exhaust. It spins for a few seconds before turning into goo. Its raw footage of the Michigan Mad Man in action. Telling lots of stories and coming out of retirement to ride one of his V8 powered drag bikes that had been fully restored. I give it two thumbs up..

Speaking of movies, what was up with that last James Bond movie? I just got around to watching it. I am a fan. Why? Because he has lots of good looking females. He has cool techno stuff. Kills a lot of people, has a car with weapons to the hilt, does stunts, BIG bombs, killer satallites..... This movie is about poker (no not poke her), the card game. High tech meant they used cell phones to make phone calls. Females, well he does make out with one for a few minutes before he takes off. He gets his hands slapped for killing the first guy. Am I that old that the world changed so much that James Bond now sucks!?

Ok, that's my film reviews for the month.

I made it out last Friday. Put my old igntion that I repaired back into the bike. It's held together with silicone and looks like a real hack job. I wanted to know for sure if the new ignition was causing this latest drop out problem I was seeing. This was something new that cropped up after I blew out the old igntion and put a brand new one on. Before this was a studder problem where teh motor was breaking up at the higher boost levels.

She ran good, but couldn't find any traction. My trap speeds dropped to around 150 with the original studder problem. With the changes to the head, the speeds went back up to 158 so I am on the right track again. There are no signs of the studder but I need a good day when they prep the track good before I can turn it up any further.

Picture looks like its a few hundred feet out with our Black Skull Shine bike hot on my tail. Looks like the clutch is locked and the motor is making some power.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Not much going on here, we had rain on Friday and some flooding on the weekend. If you live near one of our creeks it good tubing if you can keep the ant's off you and you don't mine brown water.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Really good news for me ,I just won the Summit Super Series at my home track.Lonestar raceway in Sealy Texas.This was the Super Pro car class

Comment

Drove 4 hours to Bunker Hill in Indiana last Saturday...
                Little 1/8 mile track, nice place, nice people....first time there...

Only a few bikes, some of the regulars weren't there....
                Elims started at 7pm...so got to do some night racing...which I almost never get to do....

Took out the points leader in the first round....and ended up winning the whole thing a few rounds later...\\/
                Might go back this weekend...

(Clutch worked great....BTW)

Bob

Comment

Nothing going on for us. We've had the past two weeks off. I did take the time do do a more permanent fix for my broken strut. I got one of the car race shops to weld me up a new set of chromoly struts. We used a little thicker material and also added a cross brace to the original design. He's a very good welder.

Congratulations Michael. I'm hoping you get some cash for that.

Comment

$1000.00 plus a chance at $65,000 at the bracket finals.$ rounds at the bracket finaals and then on to rockingham

Comment

Rock on.
                      Got a pic of your car?

Comment

No car,we run bikes in the super pro car class.

Comment

Originally posted by michael mathews View Post
                          No car,we run bikes in the super pro car class.
                          Scary! :shock:

But it makes your win even more impressive....
                          And we still want a picture of your bike...:-D

Bob T.

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is still around.

Michael, if I missed it, welcome to the group. Looks like you have been racing for a while and doing very well at it. Congrats. We had two of our bikes in the Summit series but both fell out of the running. I think Mr. Green and Daddy's Dart may still be in it.

I stopped by the bunker hill track driving between Columbus an Michigan. Never raced there. You should come on up to Martin one of these Saturdays. We would even feed you on your way through Saint Joseph. Congrats on your win as well.

Is that a new line lock I see stuck on there? I didn't think you used one.

Comment

Agreed car or bike we need a pic.

I've always had that line lock on there. Helps to keep me from backing out of he beams. I have a seconed button on the right handlebar to activate it. It will only go on when the 2-step button is pushed in. With help of a relay it works great.

Comment

will try to post pics,mine also has a line lock,although mine is air operated on the back brake.Activated by the delay box button

Comment

Working...
                                X