No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate crap like that..........some jerks are out there to make a quick $$$ base on lies. I'd post the guy's name or business on the other dragbike forum's as a warning.

PS. Hey Ray did you have any problem with the 0-rings??
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Are the cracks in the top half of the case or bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
        Are the cracks in the top half of the case or bottom?
        Two of the mains are cracked where the case studs go into the upper case half.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Two of the mains are cracked where the case studs go into the upper case half.
          It seems it's always the top that gets damaged.

Comment

Hey Bob, are you coming to that all bike/snowmobile race next weekend?

Comment

Got a few run in tonight and had a best of 6.11 at 112.81.

330's are now in the 3.9's range and had 3 runs in the 112 mph area. Only thing done to the bike was I put a new slick on and some race plugs.

It was still warm out and the humidity was going up but the bike is still going in the right direction.

Comment

Sounds like if you ever put the bigger pistons in, or spray you have it.

Ryan is still at Indy. Team Grean had won some big all car race up at Stanton and I guess they offered to sponcer him in NHRA. They don't even have a bike class but they do now. So he put on a delay box and headed to Indy for a chance at the $5,000. Hope you got to take him out Ryan.

Kid was already 9 points up on him going into it. He ended up in first for the year, track champ 2 years running now. Green held second and dad took third. Not too bad.

We had a few alcohol and fuel cars running during the points race. I think we hit 38 deg. The track was so cold (plus the dew) they changed it up to the 1/8 mile. This changed everything. Kid went out at around 1:00 am next day. Some car oiled the center of the track and the bike got out of the grove, hit the oil and hit the limiter. Runs an auto, so we are not sure yet if we damaged the transmission. Made it to 2nd gear was all. Dad made it to the finals and the bike leaped off the line and then slipped. Ran dead on all day and night, even with the weather changes then lost 0.2. That was that...

Comment

We'll with a little bit of skill and a truck load of luck.

2007 VP Racing Fuels Race of Champions super pro bike Champion.

"In Super Pro Bike Ryan Cueni rode his Suzuki down the track at 132.86 mph which beat Bob Boruta representing Mid-Michigan Motorplex who fouled at the light."
                  Ryan Cueni, Thompson Drag Raceway, Suzuki, 9.658, 132.86 def.
                  Bob Boruta, Mid-Michigan Motorplex, Polaris, foul

"And in Super Pro Bike Ryan Cueni rode his Suzuki down the track at 132.86 mph to take home the hardware."

They ran the champions race on Friday. I'm not sure who I had in the first round. We had a good close race. Pegged the rear brake at the finish line for the win. in the second around I got Oreilly's champion. Got the double break out win. In the third round the ladder put me against Norwalks champion. Super close race, but pulled it out. In the final the mid-michigan champion red light to me on his snowmobile powered dragbike. I watched my win light the whole way down the track. Just couldn't believe I had won.

When I got back they took a bunch of pics in the winners circle. I'm hoping to make the upcoming edition of National Dragster. I got $700 for the win, 30 gal. of VP racing gas, a wally trophy, and I'm the alternate for the National Finals in Pomona, Calif. should the winner of the regular race not be able to go.

in the regular race I went down in the second round in a double break out loss.

I had my wife take this when I got home. Thats my oldest. Some friends are supposed to send me some pics at the track that day.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Mark,

Congrats on your teams finish. That kid must be deadly. I think I'll stay away from him. What bike did team green bring? I did get a little video. I wonder if he's on there.

Comment

Ryan....good job man...winnin' a Wally is the best..:-D
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

ALL RIGHT!!! The boy looks like a natural.

Does that 30 gallons change the plan?

Guessing Novacks would have been there too. I attached a couple of pictures so maybe you can spot them in the video you took.

We have our last 2 day bike and snowmobile race next weekend then our finals. Hope to have some nice warm weather. You guys should come up and freeze with the rest of us.
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

This is team Green's Jeff Gordon busa. This is the one I posted that has that very distinct sound coming off the line..
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Neither of the Novacks were there. I did see the team green bike and got him on video making the night time trial on friday. He was running against one of the guys from Thompson so I was mostly training the camera on him.

As soon as I put him on the bike he laid down on the body, grabbed the bars, and started jamming his thumb on the shift button. It made both of us laugh.

Comment

I bet there's no snow around Ryan's house this winter cause when you Hot your Hot

Congrat's Ryan =D>

Comment

Working...
                              X