No announcement yet.

Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent been on the 1/4 in years 1994 I went to a ProStar race at Indy with the GS1000 . It had a rayjay 25b made 17lbs . It went a 5.58 1/8 122mph 8.85 1/4 at 147mph

Comment

That gearing, boost and short times, seems like it would have been a very fun bike to ride in the 1/4.

The Raptor uses a Koenig frame and front end. Real nice setup. Very light.

Did you sell yours?

Nice looking BTW.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I sold the koenig chassis to a guy in Auston TX. sold the GS1000 to a big guy in Mi. He said his best was 9.20s.The turbo came apart and when thru the engine last i heard.What the raptor?

Comment

I wish i could sell the GS.Its time to get modern

Comment

Came apart, like it was damaged? I ran a B turbine once on my bike. Was told it was an F and didn't know any better. It overspun at about that pressure. Just added to my grave yard of parts.

Raptor is a friends bike. I would love to have a chassis like this.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I Dont remember what happen its been a while back Im guessing bearing went bad and the comp. wheel parts went thru ???????????????????????

Comment

Mine was the typical bearing, turbine shaft failure. Didn't even scuff the compressor when it died.

IDK, I like the look of the 750 myself. Its something different.

Comment

Tonight was the best yet

I did 2 runs with no nos and timing set at 28 degrees, one was 6.19 and 6.20 at 110mph each. The the rest of the night was with the nos on. Ran a 5.92 at 118 and a 5.93 at 120.

The best was a 5.87 at 122.98 mph \\/ when I got in 2nd gear I hit the button and didn't let off until I crossed the line. The bike pulled like a train and the front end was really light, felt like it was off the ground for a long, long time.

I did have a brain fart once, got stuck in the staging lanes for awhile and turned my fuel off to the carbs and found out lectrons don't like that after you due a good burn out. Stage the bike got on the 2 step, light turns green and the bike boggs big time off the line and I hit the nos and she picks up some speed and still sounds bad so I back off the gas and go through the traps at 50 mph. Got a tow back to the pits and see that my fuel valve is in the off position. The nos system has it own fuel tap off the tank so at least the nos didn't run lean. Turn the fuel back on to the carbs and make another run and the bike is fine so I called it a night.

Now my 60ft still sucked with a 1.42 and the 330 was a 3.87 so with a 5.87 ET I'm leaving alot there. I just couldn't get to the nos button in first gear with so much going on at launch, maybe it's time for one of those little box's or I may just put my other jet's in for a 60 hit ??

Took awhile but I got my 250 lb butt in the high 5's One thing I did learn is that I need to get on the brakes alot faster cause that dirt run off sure does come up alot faster now.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Congratulations. I know you've been after that for a while. Your running some big mph.

Comment

Thanks Ryan

Yeap that 5 second club is not as easy as it sounds. 4 runs in the high 5's and 4 in the 120 range, I guess that's not bad for starters. Only have 2 weekends left and not to sure what I want to doooo ??
                      Last edited by RacingJake; 10-13-2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Glug glug glug... ah.... That one's for you!!!! Congrats on the 5 second pass!! Your asking whats next? Dont you already know the answer? THE FOURS!!!!! LOL

My neck is still not 100%, but we were getting down to the wire. I have been working my butt off this week to take the bike to the track today. She's got a new set of pistons, sleeves, etc. Started the first pass with things turned way down again. It runs an 8.70 on 10PSI. Strange, it normally takes about 14PSI to run this quick. I didn't go on a diet, but I did make a few changes. So I give it a little more boost but the tire spun in second and the bike double shifted with this nice weather. 1.5 60' but still ran in the 8's. So a little less air pressure. Bike hooks nice and sounds good, until that last 100' or so. I can hear some new strange noise I have never heard. Bike still runs an 8.50 and theres no oil dripping out this time. Pull all the plugs. Nice and cold. Check the logger, only made about 12PSI. Should have been about 16. I start looking for a leak and sure enough one of the intake hoses slipped. I grab a wench to tighten things and get to that hose and the clamp is loose. Damm, I forgot to tighten it. Wonder what else I messed up. Put the wrench on it and the damm clamp was broke! I spent about 15 minutes trying to fix the clamp and gave up.

I may take one more shot at it next weekend. I have enough fuel to make maybe three more runs. The clutch has about 20 passes on it now and it still looks good. These last few tweeks really seemed to make the bike quicker on less boost so if it would just hold together now I think I could get it done.

Again, good job Jake.

Comment

I got stuck working till 1:00 today. Got off and ran home, loaded the bike up and headed to the track. They had opened at 10:00 for a test and tune day. I've been trying out that VP MS109 gas and my A/F meter. Got to the track with about an hour and a half till they closed. Ran 9.44 off the trailer. A/F was very lean on top and way rich in the middle. Guess the changes I made in the garage this week were bad. Moved the needle and changed the main jet. Ran a 9.41 on the second pass. No I'm getting excited and decide to try putting my head down behind the fairing instead of looking over the top. I'm hoping to get it into the 9.30's.
                          60' - 1.309
                          330 - 3.784
                          1/8 - 5.897 @ 115.909
                          1000 - 7.712
                          1/4 - 9.365 @ 139.248

I plan on racing at the classic at Norwalk so I took the box off. I can't cut a light to save my butt. My slowest light without the box has been 532, but half of them have been red.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2007, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mark

Those hoses and clamps can be a PITA sometimes. I remember back in my Air Force days we had alot of air conditioners that had air research turbins. Even with T-bolt clamps we blew a lot of the 3 inch couplings.

I was thinking of getting a 2 dial nitrous controller or I might just ground my solenoids through my clutch switch. That way it will come on at launch when the clutch engages.

Comment

Ryan, we have the same 1.30 short times. I slowed mine down just a tad after I broke the tranny. Are you going to hook up the tach and shaft sensors?

PITA .... Oh, had to think about that for a second. LOL Aren't you shifting with air with a stock transmission? How are you doing the kill?

I was thinking if you could find a used Dyna Shift Counter, this could drive your two stages of nitrous based on gear selection.

Comment

I ended up playing around with the wiring and am slowly getting it figured out. I have the speed sensor wired up, but can't get it to work right. I'm getting a constant 12v out of the sensor so logworks sees that as a speed. I have it set up like they say to. I've been messing around with other things and kind of have the speed sensor on the back burner right now.

I have the rpm working better, but still not as good as I think it should. I started a discussion about it, but haven't gotten a good answer. If you download logworks you can see the log I'm coming up with.

Right now I'm doing 2-step and shift button together with a couple diodes
                                RPM
                                A/F
                                Shift Light
                                speed / not working

Comment

Working...
                                X