Track stories 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
    There is something in the rules that requires a motorcycle to have a chain guard and that the body work is not considered a chain guard.

This is a good rule to have!
    Is there something we should know Mark ??
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post

We had a strong tail wind. Led to a new personal best ET and MPH.
      5.884 @ 116.805 mph
      9.315 @ 140.783
      Good job Ryan, I remember when you where talking about having a 9.90 bike.... I guess it's 8.90 now

Comment

Jake, your bike is similar to mine in that it's a real lazy 60's but once it gets moving watch out.

Ryan, I forgot to tell you that I saw an air clutch that looks just like yours. I asked the guy about it and gave him your website. He had a whole different reason for it. He was tuning the air gap to change his reaction times.

I have been riding for 35 years now. Over this time I have never had a master link clip come off. I have seen guys silicone them on before but I never did. This is something I will do from now on.

Comment

All my master links end plate's need to be push on with a pair of pliers, once I get the clip off I have to use a small screwdriver and pound it in between the two to get it off. It's a PITA to remove it but if the clip ever did come off I'd think it would still stay together??

Pull my clutch apart and a few of the plates were burn't and a few of the fiber's had a groove in the middle, maybe that fire ball affect??? So I replace them with another used set I had along with some 46 pound springs. Order new fibers this weekend and a 2 dail controller, don't know if they'll get here by Thursday so will see how it goes as is.

I also replace the 46 rear with a 42. Just need to pick up one more mph and that 125 is mine.

There's a big difference in acelleration when you hit that button. After a few runs I turn the nos off and I could made all my low 6 seconds passes with one hand. Mark you must have that same feeling with the turbo............ hang on tight...... what a feeling.

I got 118 runs and removed the valve cover and R/R the cam caps and all where good. Next month I'll pull the head and check those pistons.
          Last edited by RacingJake; 10-21-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I had to use vice grips to put this one together. It was an SHB from EK. Big, thick 630 link. You spin a chain that weighs that much that fast and it comes loose, nothing good is going to come out of it. I used to chuckel at the guys who siliconed them because I never had one fail and just what your saying, I never thought it could come loose. That crow doesn't taste too good.

Yes, I know what you mean. The body seems to get used to the speed. I think it is like an addict, the high will never be as good as the first one. My biggest thrill at the track was the first pass I made with a turbo on my street bike back in the 80's. It was not quick or fast compared to what I'm doing now but what a thrill having so much power that the front end goes verticle mid track when your not expecting it. LOL.

I still get some discolor on the steels but have not warped anything in a long time. One time this year I welded the pack together. Too much gap. That was the worse I have seen.

Comment

You didn't get any pics of it did you? The air system has really worked good for me all year. I really love the slider and hope to never go back to a lockup. I'll keep the multi stage just in case, but I hope it collects alot of dust sitting on the shelf.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't take any. Very similar. He had cut up an MTC cover and used a small air pancake cylinder.

Comment

Is your website down. I wanted to take a look at some of the data you had posted from your logger. Can't seem to get on it.

Comment

All that top secret stuff, I had to shut it off! LOL

I canceled the PowWeb account last year. I need a free web host site. That's why I have been sticking my pictures on this site.

Any idea what it was that you wanted to see? I can always post them here.

Comment

We need to think about a new Winter time thead again.

I pulled off your old shipping blanket to have a peak. I never finished it because when I went to put the head on I rolled the thing over and noticed that it has a clearance problem. When they bored the cases they did not cut it deep enough and the piston skirts tag it. It needs to some back apart. No point risking it.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

After not looking at it for so long, I like the look of the red. The little aluminum and chrome set it off.

It still needs the timing and starter covers along with a couple of other parts.

Comment

That red does look awesome. I like that clutch cover. Very nice looking piece.

I just wanted to see how your graph looks compared to the graphs I'm getting. Especially the speed and rpm.

I logged all my runs from Saturday. I forgot the laptop so I didn't get a look at them until I got home. For some reason the rpm was cut in half. I checked the settings and nothing had changed that I could see in a quick look. I'm going to Norwalk this weekend for the Classic so I just pulled the logger off and didn't mess with it.

I have a couple things going on for that winter time thread. It will start soon enough.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2007, 08:24 PM.

Comment

You did a nice job with it! I need to pick up a can of that to maybe paint the head. What was that stuff again if you don't mind?

No problem on the graphs. This is a partial screen dump. Yellow is the crank and red is the output shaft. Yellow cursor is on the 60'. Took about 1.32 seconds, crank is turning 7413RPM, output shaft is turning at 1813. Orange cursor is at 1351', crank is turning at 9340RPM and output shaft is 5468. Data is raw, unfiltered.

If you want a whole screen dump or your looking for something different, let me know and I can mail it to you.

Comment

Dupont Centari
                              acrylic enamel

General Motors Corp
                              code 81
                              flame red year 85-06

Comment

Put new clutch fibers and 46lb springs, also the rear sprocket is a 42 now and I got the 2 dial controller hooked up and going to start at 50% nos for 1 seconds.

Final racing this weekend and we only have about 2 hours of test and tune tonight so who knows how this bike is going to act?? Like to get a few solid runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X