Clear All

Looks like I'll be sport'in a 550 tail

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Have a friend of mine who said he would trade me his 24' V-nose trailer for my trailer and 3000 cash. His is finished interior, 110 volt lighting and power outlets inside and out with breaker box. Extra long ramp door for easy loading low race cars. Aluminum plating on the floor for the tires. It has the man door and also a second door on the other side right in the middle. I guess to make it easier to get in and out of the car.

I talked to my mom and she said he is a real bad influenza. I remember from school that influenza is really really really bad. I asked my mom if if I would die from his influenza and she said no, but I may have to sleep out in my trailer. I guess so she doesn't catch the influenza. So I guess my mom is going to call his mom and tell her I'm not allowed to play with him anymore or go over his house because of his bad influenza.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
        Looks like I'll be sport'in a 550 tail

Looks good on. Are you going to get some struts made up this time? Saw your post about the bars, wonder if you will attach them to the strut or some place else. Maybe you wont need them now?

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
          I talked to my mom and she said he is a real bad influenza. I remember from school that influenza is really really really bad. I asked my mom if if I would die from his influenza and she said no, but I may have to sleep out in my trailer. I guess so she doesn't catch the influenza. So I guess my mom is going to call his mom and tell her I'm not allowed to play with him anymore or go over his house because of his bad influenza.
          Seems like the cold weather is already getting to you.

Comment

Got the head bolted down tonight, just got the clutch, carbs and pipe left to do.

I'm thinking of mounting the bars a few inches ahead of the axle. Since this swingarm is longer I'll most likely have to re-adjust the height with some new steel.

Comment

Almost had a deal worked out for 2000 and my trailer. We were close to a deal, but not gonna happen. For that price I was not going to pass it up.

Comment

UH OH.

Comment

That's nice! I could live in it but would need to buy something to pull it. Does this mean you own it now?

Comment

Please stand by for confirmation. We may have a deal......

Comment

Man what timing, hit the button last night and a split second later she'd roar to life.
                      Today it's 32 degres out there now and they are saying that bad word.............SNOW

Maybe I'll just slap the snow chains on her and go around the block a few times
                      Last edited by RacingJake; 11-22-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

All you need is an ice box and HD tv and I'd move in too

That is a very nice trailer............Good Luck

Comment

I went over there yesterday and gave him my trailer and a check. I put my trailer next to it and it makes the old one look like a baby trailer. It's 8.5'x24'. The v-nose adds another 2' at the center. From the front of the hitch to the rear is 28'. It weights 3600 lbs and you can haul 7000 lbs in it. There are a couple things I'm going to do when I get it out of storage. he's letting me keep it over his house until April. Give me a chance to get my truck set up for it. he also gave me the weigh distribution hitch with the sway bar included. Probably another $500 worth of stuff.

I'm going to set it up like I had the smaller trailer. Build some cabinets and work benches in the front. Add a couple more outlets on the inside. Whatever else I can think of. I think it's big enough to do pretty much whatever I want with it.

I think I'm going to remove that raised aluminum from the floor and just replace it with some flat pieces. Or I may leave it I just can't decide yet. I need to see some cabinets in v-nose race trailers. I'm not sure how I want to build my cabinets yet. I'm going to be busy when the weather breaks.

Comment

I need to see some cabinets in v-nose race trailers.
                            Congrats! You should be very happy with it!

We have a snowmobile V nose that does double duty. I attached a picture. We can get two drag bikes and two pit bikes in it. One side of the V is a pull down door so you can ride the sled out. We put the electrical, floor, cabnets and tool box in it. To top it off there is AC on the roof that we added. It's much easier to pull than the big trailor, but can get a little cramped with all the stuff we take. The only thing I don't like is that the height of the braces is maybe 5'10" and I am 6'. The far side cabinet is mounted to the V. The sterio is bolted down to the top of the cabinet.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I went over there yesterday and gave him my trailer and a check. I put my trailer next to it and it makes the old one look like a baby trailer. It's 8.5'x24'. The v-nose adds another 2' at the center. From the front of the hitch to the rear is 28'. It weights 3600 lbs and you can haul 7000 lbs in it. There are a couple things I'm going to do when I get it out of storage. he's letting me keep it over his house until April. Give me a chance to get my truck set up for it. he also gave me the weigh distribution hitch with the sway bar included. Probably another $500 worth of stuff.

I'm going to set it up like I had the smaller trailer. Build some cabinets and work benches in the front. Add a couple more outlets on the inside. Whatever else I can think of. I think it's big enough to do pretty much whatever I want with it.

I think I'm going to remove that raised aluminum from the floor and just replace it with some flat pieces. Or I may leave it I just can't decide yet. I need to see some cabinets in v-nose race trailers. I'm not sure how I want to build my cabinets yet. I'm going to be busy when the weather breaks.
                              Ryan, in case you don't know, if the trailer is rated for 7000 lbs & it weighs 3600, you will only be able to SAFELY put another 3400 lbs IN it. It is an awesome looking trailer but be careful that your truck is big enough to pull it safely. That means a MINIMUM of 3/4 ton or bigger truck. NO 1/2 ton truck to tow with as they don't have big enough brakes on them to be safe. A lot of people get in accidents because they don't realize how much truck they need to be safe. Good luck with it, it was a GREAT deal for you! Ray.

Comment

I finally got around to ordering some of that black line from Schnitz. 2000 PSI working pressure, who would have guessed?

Started working on the body last weekend. The chain cracked the body about 2' down the side and turned about a 1' X 3" section of glass into paper. Everytime I look at it I think how luckey that it happened when it did and that it missed me.
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X