GS1000 and *NITROUS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 and *NITROUS*

The motor on my GS1000 is due for a rebuild next winter, and I'm going with a 1085 overbore kit, hotter cams, billet clutch, welded crank, oil cooler, Dyna ignition and possibly some other reliability and go fast goodies. Installing a NOS system may be an option while the engine's apart anyway. This motor will primarily be a street motor with a few recreational roadrace trackdays thrown in here and there.

So how hard is it to install a NOS system on a 2 valver? How's it done? What are some of the gotchas and what can blow up? What parts of the motor should be beefed up to compensate for the increase in HP/torque?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2007, 11:09 AM.

Your ambition astounds me!:shock:

(In a good way.)

Comment

Ask Skip or Luke.
      Both had NOS on a 1150 motor
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

[vin] NAWSSSSS [/vin] Sounds like fun. More then blowing up the bottom end, I would wonder what suspension mods are needed to get it to hook up?

Comment

Sticky wide rear rubber, I would imagine, such as a 180 radial in the rear. The GSXR 1000 monoshock / wide radial rear tire conversion is almost done on this bike, so that would hopefully keep the rear tire from spinning up.

Wondering how much torque/HP you could expect from a tuned GS1000 motor with a NOS setup...?

A WARP SPEED button/switch on the bike sounds like an attractive proposition.

Comment

This should get you started, plus a shinko 003 soft tire would be a good idea

Drill/tap intake runners for foggers, finding a good place for the nos tank depending on size, fuel pump and soleniods location, then runs wires and lines.

Then hang on too........PS real men start with 42/46 jets but since I'm a weenie I start at 16/20
            Last edited by RacingJake; 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Thanks for the help Jake. Is there any chance of keeping the front wheel on the ground when using NOS on a standard GSXR swingarm? Is an extended swingarm advisable? I'd hate to hit the NOS button at speed and have the bike flip over backwards.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Some folks run a progressive controller that allows the nitrous sys to come on soft then build up to max. For street use you may just blow the tire away, lots of spinning before it wheelies. Nitrous provide's lot's of torque and it's instant as soon as you hit the button. Best bet is to be going straight and try it in high gear and as you get use to it then work you way down to lower gears.

Like any power adder you can point the front wheel to the moon, you just got to be ready to backoff in a split second if things get out of hand. Stay off the button if your going around turns too.

Nitrous is great for drag racing, big slick, wheelies bars and all we do is hand on tight.
                Last edited by RacingJake; 04-25-2007, 06:43 PM.
                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Speed Merchant
                  http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Jay-

Do you guys make nitrous intake manifolds for the GS series?

These things:

Or does anyone know where you can get NOS manifolds for the GS?
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Hi

I have the nitrous manifolds for the Suzuki GS1000E

Comment

l say go for it.This isn`t new territory here,been done thousands of times.Be smart about it and start with a small shot in top gear and work your way up from there.Done right it will be okay,it`s the guys who jump in with a big shot in second gear who give the stuff a bad name.

Comment

nos

My GS 1100 becomes a monster on the juice. I use a Schnitz 2 dial controler and it works great. But on a stock wheelbase bike it will be hunting the sky. Just tap the stock rubber boots and you will be fine. Great for strait line. I would put some good valve springs in it though. Mine loves it.

Comment

Working...
                          X