whats the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best

what would be the single best performance upgrade.. as in hp wise... or is there not one..lol???

I'd say going one tooth down on the counter sprocket. Best part is it's cheap, easy to do and if you don't like it your only out 20 bucks. Post it in the classifieds and you could get 50 cents on the dollar back.

Freeflowing exhaust, rejetted carbs with pods, drop in cams. It's more of a combo of things that will give you more HP. Then again there is nitrous if you could only pick one.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Vance & Hines pipe & a set of 33 MM smoothbores is a BIG difference & if you want another 20 HP bolt on an 88/89 GSXR 750 head & cams! Ray.

Comment

last week i asked if you could bolt on any other heads.. and i got a big NO as the answer...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochikin04 View Post
          what would be the single best performance upgrade.. as in hp wise... or is there not one..lol???
          Yea, there is one. A new bike!!!

Comment

last week i asked if you could bolt on any other heads.. and i got a big NO as the answer...
            Well then, you were LIED to! I've done over 20 of the GSXR head on a GS conversions. If you are interested let me know & I will help you out. Remember though, this is for 4 valve GS motors, NOT 2 valve motors! Ray.

Comment

Get a new bike, keep the gs for touring and retro fun!

The spocket mod helps and headers and jetting (or new carbs) help, but you still have a heavy bike, so unless you weigh-in at under 100lbs. You're not going to help things much unless you spend enough money to buy a used 600.

I have a gs1000 and a new 600 sport bike would toast me in the 1/4 easy!
              You can buy a nice used 600 for $3K or so. Of course guys spend big bucks to turn the GS's into drag bikes, but then you have to decide if that is what you want for a daily rider.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

i have a newer 600 sportbike.. i just wanted to get more power out of my gs.....

Comment

Change the gearing or go to an 1166 piston kit.

Comment

SINGLE best upgrade? Could possibly be to time your cams for best hi rpm power, maybe 110? Depends where yours are set now. Cam timing is the single biggest reason why some stock bikes run faster/quicker than other stock bikes, straight from the factory.
                    Otherwise, the best bang for your buck is to match some K&N filters with a decent flowing pipe and re-jet.
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Cam timing could be done the next time that a valve adjustment is necessary.
                      That sounds like a great idea!

Comment

hey guys thanks for all the great replies.. im seriously considering going with a big bore setup... can i go to 1166? also.. i must be looking in the wrong place. because i cannot find afterarket parts for my bike (78 gs1000e).. i cant find squat on bikebandit for aftermarket stuff...

Comment

Working...
                        X