clutch plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch plates

can anyone recommend a site to purchase after-market replacement clutch plates and springs? so far I've only found JCWhitney.com that offers those parts for my bike and the selection is limited with even less info.
    1980 GS550E

I would watch ebay for some new old stock ones. I just bought a set for my 700 for $20 off ebay. It came with the springs and the plates. Works great too, but you may have to wait awhile before someing good comes up. I would also check what other bikes use the same clutch plates as yours and look them up on ebay too for plates.

Nick

Comment

i was hoping for something..... grippyer... than stock, i've found a few websites (and the suzuki shop in town) that i can get stock plates from fairly cheaply ($50 bucks for a set (with a warrenty), plus $10 for new spring set). Hopin for something sporty....though it's quite possible i'll just be opening a can'o worms with the the trany
      Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I've had a set of Barnet's in mine for years, (with a ton of drag strip abuse) they work great.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I got as barnet set of plates for my 650 for 99 + shipping from sum of all parts on ebay.

sumofallparts is their handle.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

yeah checked him out ...... no dice for the 550.... not sure which engine sizes share the same size plates.......

Comment

Try Denniskirk.com. I got EBC clutch plates from them for my 1100. EBCs are just like stock plates which I found to work best. I tried the Barnett plates & they were very "sticky" & shifting was difficult with them.

Comment

Originally posted by TireSmoke View Post
                Try Denniskirk.com. I got EBC clutch plates from them for my 1100. EBCs are just like stock plates which I found to work best. I tried the Barnett plates & they were very "sticky" & shifting was difficult with them.

I found barnett plates the same in my gs1100e. I took them out after 50 miles. I still have them and will use them on the gsxxxrrr750 as needed.
                Im back to barnett disk but with a diferent engine.

Comment

Working...
                X