Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will these teflon wrist pin buttons work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these teflon wrist pin buttons work?

I was considering these for my GS1000 project (1085 pistons). will they work?

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Since they sell different sizes they will work, the only problem is your pistons. You need to make sure the piston's your going to use are made for teflon buttons, cause if not they will fall out and that's not good.

Also the wrist pin may be alittle shorter due to the thickness of the teflon button.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
      Since they sell different sizes they will work, the only problem is your pistons. You need to make sure the piston's your going to use are made for teflon buttons, cause if not they will fall out and that's not good.

Also the wrist pin may be alittle shorter due to the thickness of the teflon

button.
      How would I find out if the pistons are made for buttons? They are weisco pistons
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I've not used teflon pins but you have to take a lot into account when you do. If the pistons don't call for them and your in spec on piston to bore clearance you might be better off without them.
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
          How would I find out if the pistons are made for buttons? They are weisco pistons
          Those buttons on the auction site are pretty basic in design. It would pay you to have a machinist make you a custom set. I have fitted sets to auto race engines that were stepped so that they fitted into the ID of the writ pins. It's far safer to machine them to precisely fit your piston setup. You'll never loose them if you do it this way. Nor will you ever score a bore through loosing a circlip.
          :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
          GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
          GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
          GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
          http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

If you take a ruler and run it along the side of the piston and the wrist pin hole, you should see the top and bottom of the wrist pin hole is flush with the ruler. This design supports the teflon button and keeps it from falling out.

If you have a groove inside your piston wrist pin hole right next to the wrist pin then it's a C clip type and is not likely design for teflon buttons. I'd call Weisco and check with them to just to make sure.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Those are for a Kawasaki so they are for 17mm pin bore. Your 1085 Suzuki has 18mm pins. Why not just order the right buttons from "one of the leading performance parts suppliers" and be done with it.

Jay
              Speed Merchant
              http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

I looked on the gszone....I didn't see anything listed. Can you provide me with a link, or do I need to call someone?
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

I think that was suppose to be a hint from Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
                    I think that was suppose to be a hint from Jay.

Yes, it was. But i see nothing on their site. However, I am on pain pills as we speak. Maybe they are staring me in the face.
                    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                      I looked on the gszone....I didn't see anything listed. Can you provide me with a link, or do I need to call someone?
                      You are right. They are not there. e-mail me jay@aperaceparts.com and I will get you the part number. Your Wisecos will work with buttons.

Jay
                      Speed Merchant
                      http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
                      X