AFAM Offset Sprocket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAM Offset Sprocket question

I'm doing the old "GSXR suspension in the old bike" trick, and I'm just checking my math (as it were).

I'm running 91 5.5" rim, with GS sprocket carrier and a 12.75mm sprocket side spacer. I"ve got a stock GSXR 530 rear sprocket with a AFAM front sprocket (the largest in their cataloge, the 13mm).

Do i Need to space out the front spacer? I'm just checking my logic. If i understand from other post, i don't, but i want to confirm.

any help is appreciated.

I think that only way to be sure is to install all bits and check chain line and other relevant things.

I have just installed the same wheel on my GS1100. I used 12 mm offset for the front sprocket, 10 mm sprocket and some washers. The chain is already very close to the frame tubes so I think that you can't use much more offset than 13 mm anyways.

One trick to move chain line closer to the wheel is to mount the rear sprocket backwards. This gives few millimeters since the sprocket is dished on the other side. But with GS sprocket carrier the chain will rub side of the tire if you use 180 mm wide one. 170 mm should be fine.
    Arttu
    GS1100E EFI turbo
    Project thread

Comment

Working...
    X