X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch,CH,CH,CH Changes!

First there were two mufflers and a very quiet, sedate 850:

Then there was one muffler and a throatier 850 was born:

Then I cut the muffler off to remove the broken pipe that was rattling around inside the collector and decided to do something different when I welded it back up. I tried several different things including bending a pipe up to fit a different muffler, Bending a pipe to leave open (made no power)
    and fitting a dual outlet tip with resonators in it.
    I liked this better than those:

The bike seems to like the flow just fine and it sounds, well lets say aggressive, but this side of obnoxious.
    This is a 2 1/4" chrome tip with a resonator in it made for automotive use.
    Doesn't seem to lean the bike out or cause a dead spot.

Very Nice. I like the Mavric as well .

Comment

Whats up with that seat? And your front end seems a bit low.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
        Whats up with that seat? And your front end seems a bit low.
        Very low. Looks like 2" before bottoming out. Unleaden.

Comment

What jetting did you have to do to your carbs? I'm planning on something simmilar and just wanted an idea of what I should do... though mine will be dual tips (one on each side of the stock headders). Did you just use a Stage 3 kit? It seems to be the way most do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ap72 View Post
            What jetting did you have to do to your carbs? I'm planning on something simmilar and just wanted an idea of what I should do... though mine will be dual tips (one on each side of the stock headders). Did you just use a Stage 3 kit? It seems to be the way most do it.
            I'd like to go to the stage three jetting. I believe the bike is jetted stock, but I did raise the needles by swapping some parts around a while back and got rid of a nasty dead spot. It runs strong now, but I'm sure it would appreciate better jetting.
            I did lower the front end early in my ownership of the bike. It quickened turn in considerably and made it more responsive. I've never had any issues with bottoming out. Probably because I weigh 120lbs.
            The seat is something the PO did. I ended up stumbling upon one just like it a while back and learned it's from a Honda CX500 if I remember right.
            It's cobbled on there, but pretty comfortable. I've had more people ask about that than anything else.

Comment

Because no one else seems to be addressing the obvious, I thought you should know that I'm quite certain I saw a Maverick in your driveway.
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Gravity Tester mentioned it.

Comment

You were both right. There is a Maverick in the driveway. Thing is that's not my driveway anymore as I moved last week. The Maverick is now in my garage next to both Suzukis. Have to get it ready to go to the racetrack next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X