GS700E Exhaust Compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
    What about Bandit 600 and 400? Or are those water cooled?
    Those engines are sort of a hybrid - oil cooled. Cylinders still have some fins but there are no air passages into the head. The engine uses a high capacity oil cooler to shed heat.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Need to bring up this discussion again

OK, my motor is back from S&K racing. Half of the chrome is done, and the body is painted. Time to start painting the motor and reassembly. I am still trying for the V&H Megaphone part number 12013. Went as far as getting someone to call Japan. What I need to know is if someone has the V&H 12504 on a GS700 or 83-85 GS750. It is the SSR2 Stainless Exhaust. There is 20% restocking fee if it does not fit. So I need some reassurance it will fit or someone who wants it if it does not fit Thanks guys. Everyone's input previously is much appreciated.

Comment

??

Anyone know?? Anyone??

Comment

Excuse the dumb question from me, the perpetual newbie...
          Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          1150 pipes won't fit, port diameter is different.
          So 1150 pipes fit only 1150's? 1100 pipe ports are smaller? But an 1100 pipe will fit a 700.

The last pipe posted by Nicolas above is I believe what was on my 700. Nice sound, no centerstand, PITA oil changes. Hard to find. When I was selling it I had a few people who wanted just the pipe!

Comment

Well I know the Vance and Hines 12313 will fit. That is what Billy Ricks has on his bike (I think). I prefer the look of the 12504 the SSR2 stainless exhaust. The 89-97 Katanas have the same size exhaust port. Well, they have the same exhaust gasket part number as the GS700/GS750. I just do not know about spacing. Anyone have a 89-97 Katana 750 cylinder head sitting around that you could measure center to center on all four ports? Thanks guys, I love the fact everyone tries to help!!

Comment

Here is how the marshall looks on the bike

I'm not sure if you want to steer away from the megaphone style exhaust or not but here it is anyway.

Comment

Nicholas -(Oops it replied to your linked post)

I had ordered a Marshall, and when I got it, the chrome was pitted and wrinkled. They refused to exchange it so after a lengthy battle I was done with them. The vendor has the exhaust now. I want the megaphone style, but did not like the fact the Marshall's baffle was sealed. Nonetheless, had the chrome been good, I would have kept it. It looks good on the bike I must say. I ordered the V&H SuperSport Exhaust today 12313. I still want the info. if anyone has put the Katana pipe on the GS700/750. I still have the megaphone for the 4 into 1 chrome exhaust, I just need the headers. For some odd reason I threw them away. Does anyone know if the SuperSport exhaust 12313 is the same header as the chrome 4 into 1 megaphone? I will just buy another one and have it chromed if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
                  Excuse the dumb question from me, the perpetual newbie...

So 1150 pipes fit only 1150's? 1100 pipe ports are smaller? But an 1100 pipe will fit a 700.
                  No, the 1100 pipes won't fit either, they have the same size ports as the 1150 and older 750's. '83 and up 700/750E models have a smaller port diameter.

BTW, my pipe is a Yosh Duplex intended for the last generation air/oil cooled GSXR.

Comment

If you're interested I have a stock '87 GSXR 750 header (no muffler) that's in great shape, no dents just needs to be refinished to look good. The headpipes are the smaller diameter that should fit your 700.

Comment

Working...
                    X