Need exhaust help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need exhaust help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an 85 gs550L, ive hopped this bike up a little already but want to put a nice exhaust system on it but cant seem to find one. Price isnt too much of a problem. Does any other systems from different models fit? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I love this bike to death but its way too quiet and the exhaust if too far gone to have it recromed. So im looking for a new one. Thank you in advance to anyone who reads and or responds to this thread. Im pulling my hair out over here looking!!!!

I sympathize with you...

I have a '85 GS550L also. I've been searching for a 4-1 exhaust to replace the blown out staock pipes, but it seems no one makes one for this model.

I can tell you this - the stock exhaust from an '85 GS550E DOES NOT fit. I have an E bike as a back-up parts bike & tried to put those pipes on the L. No way, even though at first glance they look the same.

The E's pipes are a bit smaller, and you can't get it under the frame. I just had the stock L pipes welded up (patched with sheet metal at a local exhaust shop) to extend their life - haven't re-installed them yet.

Good luck - if you find a place that sells new 4-1 pipes for our model, let me know.

Mike
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Thanks for the info

Mike i will definetly let you know if i find something. I love how this bike rides and feels so theres no way ill get rid of it. Ill create and exhaust first!

Comment

Might this one work?

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Unfortunatelly no. The engines are different on the different years. But thank you verymuch for looking out for us.

Comment

Working...
          X