No announcement yet.

Where I'm up to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that wes cooley kit totally changed the bike....

either way i am confident that your gonna have one badass looking bike when your done....

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
      that wes cooley kit totally changed the bike....

either way i am confident that your gonna have one badass looking bike when your done....
      Lets hope so, God knows I've spent a fortune just getting it this far!!

Comment

Gs

tell me about it my wife says we could of bought a brand new bike
        for what we spent on our Gs1000s.
        But I must admit I now and learnt an awfull lot about it over the yrs
        trying to get it how it work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
          tell me about it my wife says we could of bought a brand new bike
          for what we spent on our Gs1000s.
          But I must admit I now and learnt an awfull lot about it over the yrs
          trying to get it how it work properly.
          Wait until you start to modify it! this is a bit of a folly for me as I never intend selling it. Even when I am riding it I don't expect it will really ever be quite finished :-)

Mark...

Comment

Originally posted by pan View Post
            Wait until you start to modify it! this is a bit of a folly for me as I never intend selling it. Even when I am riding it I don't expect it will really ever be quite finished :-)

Mark...
            Well, of course not. There's always something

Comment

Well, one step forward & two back. Started to fit the new narrowed ZRX swingarm and after all my careful planning, modifications, special bushings, I missed one crucial thing! I had cut the rear end from my old frame & used it as a jig for the new setup, I thought it was a good plan, I could still move the bike around the garage as it would be complete until the change over, half a frame would only take up half the room and I would be sure it would fit.
              Or so I thought!!!!!!!! WRONG :-( when trying to fit it to a bike with an engine in the thick alloy front tube that the pivot bolt goes through hits the back of the engine :-( . All is not lost, it is made from very thick tube and has a section in the center that is milled out tho clear a section of the ZRX engine so this will have to be extended both ways and if I also remove all the rough casting lip / protrusions from the rear of the crank cases then that should work. Ah' no one said it would be easy but it does look good when its almost in ;-)

Mark...
              Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Well, its now fitted :-) and looks the business. I decided to remove the extra metal with a powerfile as this arm conversion is now way over budget :-( and I could not justify shelling out even more cash on machining. A black & decker powerfile cost under £30, did the job in 10 minutes and looks neat as hell. Plus I only removed the bare minimum of metal as I was able to remove a little and offer it up to see how it fitted. This is the very tool for cleaning up a frame after removing lugs & unneeded brackets, its easy to control and wont leave deep gouges like an angle grinder, so I've plenty more work for it. I even managed to convince Mrs Pan that I was buying it to do jobs in the house :-) Result !!!

Mark...

Pics to follow.......................

Comment

Looks like it may have to be red for now as I need to concentrate on getting it up & running and change the body kit at a later date.

Mark...

Comment

Do you know what year the pipes are off of? Update on the fitment?

Comment

Working...
                    X