Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldschoolGS View Post
    Hey Q-ball

I have not logged in in a while but wanted to say thanks for leaving me hanging on the GS750 parts and for not responding to my many PM's.

Thanks for being a real stand up guy.

Venus, you are tops in my book. You have that bike looking really good. I still have a few GS750 items left. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Thanks, Ed

I do apologize, Ed - and did, in public, in the GS Owners section. I've been through a lot of crap over the last year and had not been back here since sometime around Christmas - hard to do without much access to a computer - but I am genuinely sorry I left you hanging on purchasing that wheel.

-Q!
    Last edited by Guest; 08-13-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
      I just looked up the fork assy for a '97. Looks like that is what you have. I did not know that the '97 was different, but it is. As far as disassembly goes, it looks like the adjustment rod just pushes into the fork cap with just an O-ring to seal it? Wish I had a shop manual, I should get one, especially seeing my son purchased a '90 600 back in May. Sorry I can't be of much help.
      Venus,

Good find on that. I did not know '97 was different - it was listed as a 96/97 front end, maybe that should have been a clue that there was a difference. The website that I was using to look at fiche had fiche for '88, pre '98, and '98 and later. Apparently they didn't know '97 was different either.

Regarding the shop manual, I have been looking for a pdf version online (since all I need is the fork section) but no luck so far. I'll let you know if I fine one.

Btw, what's the latest with your carbs? Did you ever get the Kat carbs cleaned and dialed in?

Thanks,

Hugh
      Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2007, 10:49 AM.

Comment

The 600 carbs were so dirty I didn't want to spend any more time or money on something that wouldn't be of much gain. so... I got a set of 34's (the 600's are 31's) from an '87 1100 gsxr. Just getting those sorted out, had to raise the floats to 18mm just to get it ti idle. first real ride with them got cut short due to my original stator finally gave up (I'm on my third R/R, current one from a 400 Honda) Will get to play with it a little more today, but so-far it appears to be worthwhile swap.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
        X