Electrosport 2700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrosport 2700

Has anyone installed this on their bike? I am thinking about getting one, I just wanted some feedback before I took the plunge. How well can you see the display, is it functional?

I ordered one on friday...should be at my house pretty soon. I'll let you know how it looks. The pics make it look cool, but at $125, I'm a bit skeptical.

Also, Electrosport was out of the polished aluminum ones, so I had to go with the flat black. FYI.

Comment

Sweet someone else that is "scared" of the low price. I have talked to the guys there and they seem to know what is up, I hope it is a good product, cause it fits the bill perfectly. What speedo system did you get? I am not sure about the cable, but it would be new and they do work great....If you got the cable, which one did you find to be correct?

Thanks

Jay

Comment

I didn't get a cable setup...I bought with the understanding that its a magnet type sensor that mounts to your wheel and forks...like a bike computer. I've heard bad things about Electrosport in general, and that makes me nervous. Now you're making me nervous about the cable question...I guess I better go visit the website to see what I bought. 8-[

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of one of the Electrosport models installed on the GS in darkness and daylight.

Comment

Did you ever figure out the flasher problem? How accurate is the tach? Is it laggy?
            Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Acewell

Electrosport has a number of speedo cables all you need to do is send them a picture of the end that fits into the drive and they can match it most of the time, as far as the tach it works fine once you can fine a clean signal, or get the right amount of turns on the spark plug lead.:-D

Comment

Anyone else have any experience with this unit, I am scared of the tach....heard it is kinda jumpy?

Comment

I finally got my 2700 installed. The tach is not jumpy at all. Instead of wrapping the sensor wire around one of the spark plug wires, I soldered it to the signal wire on one of the coils. I would guess some have had problems with the tach because they didn't get a good signal by wrapping it. Overall, I'm pleased with the unit. The fit and finish is good, the backlight on the display is very bright and looks nice, and the idiot lights look great. Mine has signal, nuetral, and high beam.

I have not been able to get my speedo to work though...still trying to get the magnet close enough to the reed sensor to get it to trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X