X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running this exhaust?

Suzuki GS750/1100/1150 4 into 1 Chrome Canister Exhaust System
    $319.95
    1490 | Category: Exhaust | Part: Exhaust Systems - 4 into 1 | OBB Part #: 803-0601Description:
    High performance 4 into 1 exhaust systems with upswept Chrome Canister features, HTS header, center stand retention, removable all steel baffles, ground clearance, easy access to oil filter and drain plug. High quality chrome Fits only models with 36... Details >>
    Applications: Suzuki GS1150 4 Valve 84-85, GS1150 Ef 86. GS1000 4 Valve thru 84, GS750 4 Valve Thru 84. <i>Note:</i> Does NOT fit GS750 EZ/TZ 82, GS750 ED/ESD/TD 83, GS750 EFE 84.

Title says it will fit an 1100 but, description does not say it. Too late to call today. If you are running it, what do you think of it? I currently have a Kerker 4 into 1 and I don't care for the chrome on my black '83 engine. Also how does it sound? My Kerker is definitely too loud. I could do a repack but if I'm gonna replace it, why?
    Thanks
    Dave

I can't help you with that exhaust but if you are just wanting a black exhaust you can get your Kerker black ceramic coated for a reasonable price and it will last a long time and be much cheaper. I paid a third of that price to get my old kerker done in black ceramic. i have gone to a Vance & Hines now though so the Kerker is collecting dust. I wanted chrome.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Well, I pulled the cone from the Kerker last night and I don't have any baffles or packing in it at all. No wonder my ears are ringing still. So, at the very least I would need baffles/packing to put in what I have. Thanks
      Dave

Comment

I thought the spacing of the exhaust ports on the 1000/1100 motor were different?
        So it wouldn't fit

I could be wrong
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Have you called to ask who the manufacturer is? I'm curious about this one as well as I haven't seen it before. I have run both Vance & Hines and Jardine exhaust systems and for my money the Jardine flowed better and sounded better as well.

Comment

The manufacturer is Mac. The salesman said he is running it on his honda and likes it. Maybe the're paid to say that? I went ahead and ordered one. My exhaust is giving me a headache. Went for a 100 mile jaunt yesterday and my ears are still ringing even with earplugs. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them on.
            Dave

Comment

God old Mac eh? Well they aren't high quality and that's a high price for a Mac. Perhaps their canisters are better than their megaphones though. You'll probably wind up removing the canister and then just using the pipes and buying another canister for it. Hopefully they used a pretty standard size for the outlet from the header. The last time I bought a Jardine they were on sale at $249.00.

Comment

I actually found this at macperformance.com for $270. Old Bike Barn matched their price. It will be an improvement over my old rusty no baffle Kerker I am sure.

Comment

The prob I find with Mac is how they come into the collector. It seems small compared to my Kerker (compared it between by brothers CB750) and could choke it up a bit. V&H are good iron but they benefit from tuning to match the header. Kerker always touted bolt on and go but a rejet and a bigger baffle on my 750 really woke the thing up.

Comment

Working...
                  X