Suggestion for Super Loud Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for Super Loud Horn

Can anyone recommend a quality super loud horn to put on my 1980 GS1000S? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I believe NATEO has got the master blaster.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

i have one of these on my SV, it is very loud, mini air horn. you have to use a relay if you plan to install it. should cost about 30 bucks.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Just go to your local Wal-Mart, Auto Zone or other favorite auto parts store. Get a pair of the Highway Blasters, one high tone, one low tone. Also get one of their cube-type fog light relays. Total bill will be about $30-35. Use the original horn wires to trigger the relay. Run a 12-gauge wire from the battery to the relay, and another wire from the relay to each horn. Make sure the horns are grounded, enjoy the noise. \\/

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have a car horn on mine, "low tone". and its loud.

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
            http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137/

i have one of these on my SV, it is very loud, mini air horn. you have to use a relay if you plan to install it. should cost about 30 bucks.

-ryan
            I'll second the Stebel Nautilus. It's INCREDIBLY LOUD !! :shock::shock::shock: Even the Harley rider in front of you will hear that horn.... Do run a relay though - it pulls 18 amps.8-[

Comment

I dont have a horn on my bike, But Im thinking of trying to get a plymouth road runner horn that goes beep beep to put on. I do have an ahooga horn, but its too big.

Comment

Horns

Originally posted by Regent View Post
                I'll second the Stebel Nautilus. It's INCREDIBLY LOUD !! :shock::shock::shock: Even the Harley rider in front of you will hear that horn.... Do run a relay though - it pulls 18 amps.8-[
                I was thinking about that horn and wondered what it was like.
                Of course the Harley rider, going forty mph and 55mph zone won't give a rat's ass and you'll have to pass him (or twenty of "him") anyway!

Thanks for the review.

Comment

Originally posted by Regent View Post
                  it is alsao available as the Wolo bad boy and is available from northern tools or harbor freight as well as many auto parts stores.

I have one on my 83 1100E and also put one on my car, very loud.

Comment

Lmao!!!!

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
                    I was thinking about that horn and wondered what it was like.
                    Of course the Harley rider, going forty mph and 55mph zone won't give a rat's ass and you'll have to pass him (or twenty of "him") anyway!

Thanks for the review.
                    What is up with that? Seems universal....

things that make you go..hmmmmmm...

Comment

Buy a Car Alarm Horn

Hook a car alarm horn up to your horn wiring and power source and you have one very loud siren like wail that gets instant attention.

Comment

I'm thinking a siren would be illegal on the road.

Comment

" things that make you go..hmmmmmm."

I thought that was in that other thread..........the pillion seat vibrator????:-D

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                            " things that make you go..hmmmmmm."

I thought that was in that other thread..........the pillion seat vibrator????:-D
                            Get your head outta the gutter.....:-D
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Stebel Nautilus Compact

So after some reading this seems to be the horn to go with (Stebel Nautilus Compact) for my 81 GSX750E. Anyone have any complaints? And does anyone know where to get the best price here or shipped here Vancouver BC Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X