1980 Gs1100 Jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Gs1100 Jetting

Has Anyone Dialed In A 1980 Gs 1100? I Have Added K@n Pods, Kerker Header Pipe. If Anyone Has A Simalar Setup I Would Appreciate Any Carb Setup Suggestions. I Am Currently Running 147.5 Mains .it Bogs At Around 6,000 Rpm When You Open The Throtle Hard. Thanks Joe

Same setup on my '82 1100E. I installed a Dynojet Stage III kit and no more flat spots. Make sure your plugs are fresh as well. Sounds real simple but fresh plugs make a difference too.

Comment

1981 GS1100 rejet

I bought a GS1100 new in 1981
      I installed 4 into 1 header Kerker, Oil cooler & Vanson Hines clutch setup.
      When I bought the clutch setup I got a inside tip from the speed shop.
      The power boost would cost $10.00 & 1 or 2 hours of my labor.
      He sold me 4 jets 127.4 & told me to install the jets & remove the cover plate on the stock air box. He said if don't think this will work remove the cover plate on the stock air box & test drive before you rejet. When the tach hits 4 grand the bike will lose power & it did. When rejeted it pulled the front wheel 3 or 4 feet in the air. Hit 2nd 3 to 2 foot wheelie 3rd 2 to 1 foot 4th under a foot. This was leaning forward on the tank. The bike was so fast would out run KZ1000,FJ1100,XL1100 and more. I raced a guy with the same bike as mine all he had was a 4 into 1. I was behind him when he took off & wheelied by him in 2nd Oh yeh I had a passenger.
      I'm a mechanic by trade so if you need help or work done give me a shout.
      The trans & crank are the weak link so don't beef up the clutch it will just shift the load to a trans or crank problem which is very costly.

Comment

I ran 130s with the same setup until I went with the Dynojet kit. You're main is too fat.
        You're also going to have to raise the needle and possibly go up one on the pilot jet(47.5).
        Get the Dynojet. It's worth the money versus the headaches.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X