Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Own a Laser Marshall 4 into 1 Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Own a Laser Marshall 4 into 1 Exhaust?

If you do, are you happy with the chrome? I just received mine for a 1985 GS700E (ordered the 83-85GS750E) pipe, and feel the chrome is thin in spots, and has some orange peel like characteristics. Since this pipe is shipped from the Netherlands, it was a little pricey. And I expect good quality. I am taking it back to the shop, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this, or are surprised because their chrome pipe looks awesome... Any comments?

Thanks,

I'll be intersted in hearing how those work out for you - I'm in need of pipes pretty badly and there just aren't many options out there for an '85.

Comment

Mine has lasted 7000 miles so far.....

Comment

Were you happy with the chrome Distraction?? Heck, I looked at it after work and noticed black paint all over the chrome from them painting the cap. It is very sloppy.

Comment

Depending on what mods you are willing to do you can run GSXR and Bandit pipes on a 700. Here are a couple of shots of my GSXR based Yosh Duplex.

Comment

Wow, mine looked dang good and still does, there welds where of the highest quality, Now days it's hard to find chrome of the 50's 60's early 70's. There are so many environment regulations on the chemicals, most chrome plate is only one dip. The Marshall should be of the highest they can do. If you send Laser a email about how you feel I bet they will ship you another one! ..My friend has a Honda one and its 15 years old and the megaphone just rusted through and the sent him a new one, but he did have to pay 40 in shipping.
            I love how mine sound looks and I would buy it again...
            Hope all that helps...
            Kevin

Comment

Billy, I have been considering a V&H from an early GSXR as they can still be found. Are the mods required mainly in mounting the canister to the framework? As long as the head pipes fit and clear the engine and the extention to the canister clears the frame, modifying a mounting bracket for the canister is no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark whiz View Post
                Billy, I have been considering a V&H from an early GSXR as they can still be found. Are the mods required mainly in mounting the canister to the framework? As long as the head pipes fit and clear the engine and the extention to the canister clears the frame, modifying a mounting bracket for the canister is no biggie.
                It's not a big deal. I had already planned on mounting rearsets so midpipe configuration didn't matter to me. It exits high so I was able to mount the rearsets to clear the pipe. You may have to have the midpipe rebent a little to clear stock pegs but that shouldn't be much of a problem with most pipes anyway.

Comment

Good info, Billy.
                  Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                    It's not a big deal. I had already planned on mounting rearsets so midpipe configuration didn't matter to me. It exits high so I was able to mount the rearsets to clear the pipe. You may have to have the midpipe rebent a little to clear stock pegs but that shouldn't be much of a problem with most pipes anyway.
                    So without rebending will a GSXR pipe interfere with the passenger pegs?

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
                      So without rebending will a GSXR pipe interfere with the passenger pegs?
                      The pipe I'm using would. It's a race only high exit so there's no way it would work with stock pegs. GSXR, Katana, and air-cooled Bandits should work. The Bandit and Kat pipes will probably have a midpipe that is more adaptable to the GS.

Comment

I see there's a nice used GSXR V&H on eBay for $120.

Comment

Working...
                        X