Race Tech Fork Springs and Emulators for GS1150ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race Tech Fork Springs and Emulators for GS1150ES

I have called Race Tech to check into fork springs and emulators for my GS1150ES and they don't have a listing for the bike. However, they do have it for the GS1100E. I'm sure that the fork diameter is the same. However, I'm not sure of the length and such. Anyone know whether this will work or not?

It is the diameter of the fork that counts.
    I remember a thread about one of the part numbers for emulators being wrong in the online catalogue...the number listed did not fit the bike indicated, but another number did. Search around a bit to find it before you order?

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      I have called Race Tech to check into fork springs and emulators for my GS1150ES and they don't have a listing for the bike. However, they do have it for the GS1100E. I'm sure that the fork diameter is the same. However, I'm not sure of the length and such. Anyone know whether this will work or not?
      Nope. The numbers they have for the 1100E are completely wrong. They will sell you emulators and springs for a 36mm fork instead of a 32mm fork. Don't ask me how I know...

I do have the correct emulator and spring numbers in my notebook for the 1100E if you want me to dig them out for you to order. I got zero support from Race Tech (I bought the emulators off fleabay, so I had little recourse there) and not even a "sorry" or anything. I offered to help them update their database and they did not even bother to respond to that email. I ended up with modified Progressive springs (I cut off about 4" of length to increase the rate), modified damper rods (soldered up one set of damping holes) and heavier oil. Works much better than original, but it is not equal to well set up emulators. My next upgrade will be to newer cartridge forks and 17" wheels.

Mark

Comment

Might I endorse a friend's bussiness?? His name is Rick Tenebaum, and he deals in racetech...KNOWS his stuff, and if anybody can sort it out, he can. You just need the correct diameter of your forks, and he can get a you an appropriate emulator. His website is www.motocd.com. Very good fellow! Hope you can find what you need!
        Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Guyver,

Here is a link to an informative thread about Race Tech Cartridge Emulators for an '83 GS1100:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Although it is not noted in this thread, I did eventualy go with the FEGV-S3301 emulators. I kept my Progressive springs. The emulators are nice and offer much better control. Mine are still a bit stiff for my liking and need a small adjustment.

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
            Guyver,

Here is a link to an informative thread about Race Tech Cartridge Emulators for an '83 GS1100:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Although it is not noted in this thread, I did eventualy go with the FEGV-S3301 emulators. I kept my Progressive springs. The emulators are nice and offer much better control. Mine are still a bit stiff for my liking and need a small adjustment.

Thanks,
            Joe
            Hey, Joe. That's my thread from when I discovered the part number Race Tech called for didn't fit. Good to know it's still around to warn others.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. I may be sticking to stock for now. The forks seem to be okay. I think maybe being used to the front end on my '82 GS1100E and not being used to a 16" wheel made me feel like the front end wasn't quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
                Hey, Joe. That's my thread from when I discovered the part number Race Tech called for didn't fit. Good to know it's still around to warn others.

Mark
                Mark,

Yes, you were a lot of help in my Race Tech quest. It's good to be able to pass the info along to others.

Thanks,
                Joe
                IBA# 24077
                '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
                X