Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Sources

Hey there~

Im looking for some Avon Roadrunners AM20 90/90-18 (front) and Am21 110/90-18(rear) for my '80 gs450ST. Got any good tire sources???
    Thanks!

Head spinning faster than my wheels...
    moondawg

The Avon Roadrunner is being replaced by the AM26 RoadRider.

I've got a set of these on my GS850, and they're fantastic. 3,000 miles so far, very little wear, and they're fairly inexpensive as well.

Assuming you're in the USA and are mounting your own tires, here are my favorite suppliers:

http://tiresunlimited.com <== LOVE these guys. Great prices, they normally stock what they sell, and they ship fast from Dayton, OH. Very reasonable shipping costs.

http://swmototires.com <== Rock-bottom prices, free shipping on sets. Located in Arizona, so might take three days or so to get to you. There's no phone number, so make sure you know exactly what you want before you order. They recently screwed up a friend's order quite badly (why would they hire dyslexic people in a tire warehouse, and then take weeks of fumbling to correct the errors?), but in the past, service has been fast and top-notch.

http://denniskirk.com <== They have very recently revised their tire prices and are now competitive with the above. Free shipping on orders over $100. Located in Minnesota, and their web site gives you a count of current stock -- great if you're in a hurry. Huge inventory. They ship same-day until 8:00 pm central time.

There are a few others, but these are the suppliers I've used personally and can recommend. You want to avoid the middlemen -- e-stores that don't actually stock anything.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Get the road rider!!!! Love mine about 2700 miles so far .....Hey BW you will have to let us know how they are at the end of there life!!!!!

So far I would say they are the best tire I have had for the cost....

Comment

thanks everyone! for the info and sources!
        A friend of mine was trying to talk me into the bringstone battleaxe..
        how do you think they compare?
        Hey DISTRACTION...
        Im in PO too... the rumor was that BA's (no pun intended) were better in the wet... Whaddya think... ordering soon.
        chowder...

my head is spinning faster than my wheels....

Comment

Well then you better be going on the ride tomorrow!!!
          I have the BA on the Ninja, as far as I can tell the Avon grips better in the wet. I had BA on my triumph TT600 and they didn't make it to 3000 miles...very soft, But the TT had to much freaking power( push z button) and would roast the rear tire at will. For the money I would put the avons on....come over when you get them and I'll help you mount them...
          hope that helps....
          Kevin

Comment

D 628

Awesome, thanks!
            Found out the am26 rider is the replacement for the runner and put an order in the "cart". THANKS BW
            Thanks for the offer on the mount... Im such a flippin' noob...
            Have some progressive fork springs being put in by some (friends?) at their shop. To tell you the truth I think there looking at me like a cash cow. (nothing further from the truth) Would welcome the invite and love to start working on this myself! Have some tools,am not a dummy,( just inexperienced) want to learn and have a good attitude... I'll send you my email.
            Just found out about the ride. So its iffy... made other plans...blah, blah, Bike is in the shop : { But I do have a gs500e so if I get my priorities straight I might see you there!
            thanks guys!
            Last edited by Guest; 08-24-2007, 09:46 PM. Reason: illiterate

Comment

woops just click on "moondawg" email shows up... but you knew that... hehehe

head spinning faster than my wheels....

Comment

Working...
              X