is this true or bs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this true or bs?

i ran in to a guy to day and was chating about my bike .. to get to the point
    he told me i can put a 1100 cyl. and head on a 750e... i say bs but im no suzuki tech.. any one got a clue?

Don't think so, not sure, I think connecting rod and wrist pin differences, crank stroke differences, etc. makes it a difficult proposition... BUT-You can certainly put an entire 1100e engine it it, fairly easy to do, done quite commonly.
    Last edited by tkent02; 08-25-2007, 10:59 AM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I don't know either, but I wouldn't be too quick to say no. The reason for saying that is because I know for a fact that I can put a GSXR 750 Slingshot head on a GSXR 1100 motor.

What I would want to know is why you would want to do this. The combustion chamber size of the 1100 head is larger than that of the 750 so the swap would effectively reduce your compresion ratio, which would result in less hp.

Comment

Going on that same note, a guy might only gain port size for better(?) flow than the 750 unit but then you would have to spend the bucks on taller pistons. Which brings us back to just tossing the 1100 engine in it.
        Put an 1100 in it. :twisted:
        Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Yes they will fit. Why is an entirely seperate question.

Dink

Comment

bs

well im not going to he was just saying you can and i think hes full of it.
            i have a gs750drag bike that kills my 1100e at the track any ways.

Comment

I am assuming you are referring to a 16 valve 750. Yes, the heads WILL swap. The stroke length is different so if you DID put 1100 cylinders on a 750 bottom end the piston would be so FAR down in the hole it would make ZERO compression! Stick the entire 1100 motor in your chassis & be done with it. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                I am assuming you are referring to a 16 valve 750. Yes, the heads WILL swap. The stroke length is different so if you DID put 1100 cylinders on a 750 bottom end the piston would be so FAR down in the hole it would make ZERO compression! Stick the entire 1100 motor in your chassis & be done with it. Ray.
                He's talking about the head, not the cylinders. But since the combustion chamber volume is greater on the 1100 it would have less compression. Not zero though - far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by long_av8r View Post
                  He's talking about the head, not the cylinders. But since the combustion chamber volume is greater on the 1100 it would have less compression. Not zero though - far from it.
                  If you read his ORIGINAL question it says head AND cylinders. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                  X