Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only GS1100 at Test&Tune last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only GS1100 at Test&Tune last night.

I took my GS out to the 1/8th mile last night for Test & Tune. I have the 83 GS1100 with the hopped up 1150 motor and I converted it to a single rear shock. Bike is 65" inch wheelbase. One of the yonger guys asked me if my bike was a Bandit. I told him it was a few years older than that. I jumped out on the track and a nice GSXR1000 with a Brock megaphone and some bolt on extentions pulled up beside me. I left good with a 1.49 60ft. and a 6.22 @ 108 mph. He was shocked at the ticket booth and could not believe that my bike beat his and it would run like that. The old GS really runs well. I had put some bigger main jets in it and went from 15/44 to 15/42 gearing. I ran a couple more times and then upped the main jet again. The RS carbs make jet changes easy. The next run the bike was fat and broke up at full throttle. I changed jets again back to 1 size smaller and ran my best pass of the night. a 6.19 @110mph. I will have to say the ZX11 rear shock works like a champ. The bike really leaves out hard. I am going to add the wet NOS kit on it this week and start out at a 60 shot to try and put it in the 5's. I just sold my ZX14 3 weeks ago and am getting the first black/gray 08 Busa that comes in. But riding this GS is still as fun as it gets. It's a head turner and a sleeper all rolled into one. I was one of the quickest streetbikes at the track. And it's over 20 years old. I love old GS's Fun!
    My GS1100 custom

Just for fun here is some time slips from my ZX14 with the Muzzy 50hp dry nos kit.
    May the new owner enjoy his ride...I did

Nice! Must've been fun to beat that GSXR 1000, eh? What kind of can do you have on your bike, and how does it sound?

Comment

That bike looks bad a$$!!
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Pipe

It's a Brock Gen. 3, Made by Hindle. It was left over from a Busa I had. The 4 into 1 part of the header is a V&H. It sounds good. not really loud but has a lot of Flow. Sounds about like mose modern sportbikes today.

Comment

Nice bike.......... now go get some 5's
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

5's

60 hp shot of spray should put it in the 5's. The 1150 motor that is in the bike could take 125 shot easy. I wanted it to go in the 5's on motor with me riding it. I think I will put my V&H Pro Pipe on it and see how it does. The GS sounds good with the open header.

Comment

That 60' is awesome.

Comment

60'

The bike really leaves hard. The ZX11 shock is adjustable and really works well. It's geared pretty step and that helps a lot. maybe 5's next Saturday night.

Comment

That bike is amazing...What engine mods got you there? What kind of HP do you figure your getting fom that engine setup?

Comment

Get the math formula and use total wt/mph/elap tm/dist and you'll be very close to actual HP .
                    BTW I'm ex racer and that is an AWSUM time !!!Wish I had your bike back in the day !!! LOL
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2007, 10:37 PM. Reason: add text

Comment

mods

It is an 1150 engine, 1229cc piston kit. 11:1 comp. A really nice Cooper Pro Ported big valve head (came off of a Pro Mod race bike.) .348 Web Cams, 38 Mikuni RS Flatslide carbs, full Dyna Ignition, APE welded crank with strait cut gear, R&D undercut trans. Maybe it makes in the high 150's at the rear wheel. It pulls good and has good MPH in the 1/8th mile. I am sure most of the power comes from the really nice flowing head on the bike.

Comment

what size mains did you wind up with in those rs 38s with or without the filters??

Comment

Nice set of mods, now I see why you needed such a log swing arm. No Joke

Bike is actually over 30 years old

Comment

Originally posted by 4cyl h2 View Post
                            what size mains did you wind up with in those rs 38s with or without the filters??
                            Uhhh, ... you do realize that you are responding to a seven-year-old thread?

Only "Racing Jake" and "Chef1366" are still members here, all the others (including the original poster) have "Guest" status, meaning that they are no longer here.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              Uhhh, ... you do realize that you are responding to a seven-year-old thread?

Only "Racing Jake" and "Chef1366" are still members here, all the others (including the original poster) have "Guest" status, meaning that they are no longer here.

OK I'm caught up as well

Comment

Working...
                              X