i know i know.wire / stock mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know i know.wire / stock mags

this is a stupid one.but i saw a loverly set of rims alpina.there red and i can imagine them on my g.s. 750 e.red spokes too..(i used to ride bicycles).im thinkng of getting them.i know its a fuss but what id like to know are the advantages/disadvantages.
    wheels are roatating weight.and thats the most important to me.im sure thell be strong but i think somone here will know.
    thanx marz

I have a 78 GS1000 and I thought spokes look cool and would shave a lot of rotating mass off my bike. However when I recieved the spokes I discovered that the rear spoke was actually 1.15 lbs heavier than the mag version and the front spoke was only 2.45 lbs lighter. Thats not a huge difference. If your motive is performance I wouldnt do it, but if your motive is looks than go for it; I think spokes look cool. But I will somday go with the katana front end conversion to run radials. I think the main disadvantages of spokes are adjusting them periodically; and cleaning them is a pain. Mags are more matinence free.

Comment

when?

when and what type (make) were you thinking of useing.if you can remeber!
      thanx marz

Comment

So you want to change to spokes? Or you have spokes and want mags? your post isn`t too clear. l would like to buy your front wheel if you`re selling the spokes off to pay for mags. Or did you find some spoke wheels with red rims? let me know,thanks

Comment

I would go for it Hell if I could do it with my shafty I would in a second!

Comment

Working...
          X