Jet sizes for an '82 GS650G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet sizes for an '82 GS650G?

I'm rebuilding a set of carbs for this '82 GS650G and the float needles are too shot to save in all four and since I'm about to do some rejetting on my GS750EF I'm might as well upgrade these carbs to a known "jet set" if there is one.

So what works on your bike? One size up on the mains maybe? Any other jets to change from stock? I'm going to have to drill out the pilot jets if they need to be changed, each of them is clear but the heads had been stripped out before I got there. I swear!

I also have a spare set of GS750ES carbs around that are pretty fresh, with 117.5 mains I think.

/mac: goes looking for a GS650 manual.

-/\/\ac

M jet-110.0
    P jet-42.5
    J needle-Y-7
    Found it here. http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/
    Clearest diagrams you can get.Looks like they can get the parts they show price for too ! Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2007, 10:15 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

thanks for the info Hoyterb!

I was really looking for information on other jet sizes. Is the stock jetting good on this bike or do peopl generally go up on one or some of the jets?

I know this is a little bit like asking "Whats the best oil to use in my GS?".....

/\/\ac

Comment

I'd stick with stock unless you have a specific problem you're trying to fix or the bike has aftermarket exhaust/air filters. I don't think an '82 650 would be jetted overly lean from the factory or anything.

Comment

Working...
        X