Ideas to make some American power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas to make some American power

here's the deal, I have a HD 1000cc which I absolutly love! I would like some more power though. I'm looking for some ideas to add some serious power.

I pulled it out of storage the other day and rode it around the block. What a pig. It must weigh 10,000 lbs and makes maybe 20HP.

Can I put some GS parts into this engine to make it have more power?

Be careful. I put a Harley front fender on one of my GS's and wound up with an engine oil leak.

Comment

I tried putting a GS crank in my Sporty but pistons 1&4 kept busting my knee caps going down the road

Try these guy's, they have a 200 cubic inch engine that I guess could make a few hundred pounds of torque. They say it make's 260 horsepower at 6800 rpm.

Last edited by RacingJake; 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM.
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
        Can I put some GS parts into this engine to make it have more power?
        I doubt that any GS internals are transferable since the HD uses a completely different crank style & assembly ~

JM

Comment

Here we go again....

Comment

This can't be a serious post.

Comment

I was thinking I could cut the cams and crank in half. Maybe keep the HD tranny. How about just sticking the whole power plant in there. The V soaks up a lot of room. I'll put some high octane fuel in it once I get it done. She should fly....

Heres my concept...
              Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

(this has been said before, but it really applies this time).

1. Remove gas cap.
                2. Push HD away.
                3. Roll up a GS of any size (their all faster)
                4. Toss the old HD gas cap

And your done! You now have a bike that's faster, vibrates less, gets better mpg and will smoke any other HD.

Your welcome!

Comment

Lolol

Put It Bye The Washing Mashine And Tell You Old Lady Its A New Toy Just For Here... Thats What It Is . The World Biggest Vibrator!!!!

Comment

I'm thinking the Harzuki will work out pretty good. The GS has no need for the oil tank, so I was thinking it could be converted into a drink of your choice tank, or maybe a spare fuel tank. I could run a small tube that could run inside my jacket into my helmet.

The Harley already uses a small chain so I would be saving on the big chain conversion thing that everyone does. I just need a new front sprocket to fit the GS.

I have a nice set of very loud drag pipes on the Harley too. So I should be able to make lots more noise with the inline 4.

The battery on the Harley is also at least 2 times bigger than the GS one. So I am thinking not just any GS motor now. Maybe something in the 16:1 compression with a set of 1750cc pistons. This should overcome the weight of the Harley's chassis.

The Harley's tire is about the same width as the GS's. So I may try and fit a GSXR swing arm under it so I can widen it up a bit.

Call me crazy but I like the concept.

Comment

The spare HD engine needs a place to go too. I figure its should make the 1100E perform almost as good as a GS500L. Doesn't look too bad sitting in there.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

You know that might just work. The GS engine is smaller than the V-twin, just weld some motor mounts and cut off the rear V-twin mount and there should be more than enough room. Get it all done then head out to the nearest HD dealership on the weekend and see how big the crowd gathers around it. The Sport bike Willy should of built.

Since it half Japan you could call it the Screaming Falcon
                        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Step 1. Remove Hardley engine.
                          Step 2. Insert GSXR 1000/GS1150/GS1100/GS1000 engine and front end, adjust frame to suit.

Such as:

More pics here: http://www.superstreetbike.com/custo.../photo_01.html

Comment

The spare HD engine needs a place to go too. I figure its should make the 1100E perform almost as good as a GS500L. Doesn't look too bad sitting in there.

You are gonna hate me for saying this, but that doesnt look too bad....8-[

Comment

That's just wrong on so may level's...

Let's see, it'll be... heavier... slower... vibrate more...

Did I miss any?

Comment

Working...
                              X