No announcement yet.

yamaha Fuel injection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came up with this schematic and it was approved by the guys on the microsquirt forum. The drawing is for a dyna S but it sould be the same for points ignition.

Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Hmmm.. Very nice. I used to hall effect sensors. For some reason that didnt even cross my mind. I think i would actually use the same setup because I dont have points. Mine's an 81 550

Comment

I don't think you need a dyno. MS systems hook directly to a laptop so you can do your tuning in the comfort of your own home.

Comment

Dyno? I must have missed something.. I think he said Dyna

Comment

Who is going to volunteer to do a "How to install FI on your GS"? :-D

Comment

A dyno would certainly help you get the best out of it though it should be possible with some messing around & plug chops etc.

The latest Megasquirt will tune itself to a degree, you need to find a way to get a wideband lambda sensor hooked up to the exhaust though to use this function!

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I am still collecting/finding parts for my project but when i get every thing together I will start a thread here with all the details. Here is a little bit of info that i have gathered so far.

Yoshimura GS1000 ignition advance:
                14.5° @ 500RPM
                20° @ 2250RPM
                29.5° @ 3000RPM
                36° @ 5000RPM
                37° @ 7000RPM

I have contacted dynatek for information regarding their DC1-1 3 Ohm green coils and they suggest a dwell time of 8-12ms
                Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Originally posted by GSWeergin View Post
                  I don't think you need a dyno. MS systems hook directly to a laptop so you can do your tuning in the comfort of your own home.
                  Well, on a car you can tune it as you drive down the road, sitting in the other seat while your buddy drives. Might be harder to operate the laptop on a bike.
                  A dyno might be the only realistic way on two wheels.

I did a lot of research and built the kit, never finished the install. Did ride with a friend who had it up and running on his car, it was a great system.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by N56629 View Post
                    Who is going to volunteer to do a "How to install FI on your GS"? :-D
                    If you really want I can write simple instructions how to install a Megasquirt on GS. Or actually tell how I did it. But I don't see any point to write very detailed instructions since everyone wants to use different parts and do some things on different way.

About tuning. It's possible to tune MS on a bike without dyno, I have done it a lot. I plug my laptop to the system, set it log everything, put laptop in back bag and go for a ride. Later I analyze the log and make required changes to tuning map. A lambda sensor is necessary for this and wideband one is highly recommended.

This method is pretty handy when tuning cruising and other low power areas but full throttle area is more difficult. Usually you just cant ride the bike long enough on full throttle to get proper data on the log. So here dyno time comes very valuable. It's very easy to tune on dyno where you see situation immediately and you can make changes right away. And you can see how the changes affect on power output.

So in my opinion it's best to start tuning on the road and get it running somewhat properly. Then take it to a dyno and fine tune it. This way you don't need to waste expensive dyno time for correcting some basic mistakes and so on.

Arttu
                    GS1100E EFI turbo
                    Project thread

Comment

You mentioned on your page that the Megasquirt controlled the ignition. Are you using mechanical or electronic advance? Does this bypass the need for a Dyna ignition or the stock CDI box?

Comment

Megasquirt is controlling the ignition advance based on RPM and load of the engine so there isn't mechanical advance anymore. I have build my own trigger setup in place of the original signal generator, it's shown on one pic on my page. I have also removed original "CDI" box since the Megasquirt drives the coils directly.
                        Arttu
                        GS1100E EFI turbo
                        Project thread

Comment

Well, I don't know if I'd go as elaborate as a turbo setup, but if Megasquirt can control the ignition and eliminate the crap stock CDI setup and run fuel injection, I'm definitely going to look into it further. I'd like to run multiport, but I may wait and go that route with my Intruder.

I wonder what the fuel economy and HP and torque ratings would be with a Megasquirt controlling ignition and fuel versus a stock setup on a 750-1100 GS.

Comment

Well, when I first installed just fuel injection on my stock GS1100 I got 14hp more (from 95 to 109) and plenty of torque for low to mid RPMs. But I changed also the exhaust at same time. The fuel economy stayed about the same level, maybe improved a bit depending on current tuning. Later I added the ignition control. It didn't make any significant difference although I used very little time for tuning it before I installed the turbo.
                            Arttu
                            GS1100E EFI turbo
                            Project thread

Comment

Working...
                            X