How to make your 1150 stop, no really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make your 1150 stop, no really.

I know it's been covered before, but I thought folks might like a look. Maybe get motivated since the stopping power is fantastic.
    Calipers are from a B12, the adapter brackets I designed and made in a few nights after work. I know they are tipped and rotated, but it was the only way to get the pads to line up and cover the rotors properly. Rotors are EBC ProLites. Had to have some special length lines made.

Anyhoo, two finger braking, and 'kin 'ell, do they work.
    Enjoy.
    The Three Horsemen
    '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
    '83 GS1100ES
    ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
    Porkchop Express

Nice stuff, Greg. I have to ask - what's a B12?

Mark

Comment

A B12 is a Suzuki Bandit 1200. Greg nice work, pity the same results can be achieved with the stock setup, with a change of pads and brake fluid.

Dink

Comment

Thanks guys,
        Dink, not trying to argue, but I tried like hell to get acceptable performance out of my stock brakes. Just wasn't happening. Everything in the system with the exception of the caliper bodies, was brand new. Master, lines, pistons, seals, and pads. Now they worked OK I guess,
        but with the performance upgrades engine wise, I felt the need for much better stopping power and control.
        The Three Horsemen
        '83 GS1100ES
        ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Hey guys, I have seen this bike in person & the setup he made is a NICE job! You can get him to make these for you & the Nissin calipers are a DIRECT bolt on with the pads in the CORRECT placement. Ask him how well GSXR cams work in an 1150 head! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Hey guys, I have seen this bike in person & the setup he made is a NICE job! You can get him to make these for you & the Nissin calipers are a DIRECT bolt on with the pads in the CORRECT placement. Ask him how well GSXR cams work in an 1150 head! Ray.
            Now, about those cams?

Comment

Anything in particular you want to know?
              Cams are from an '88 GSX-R 750. .387 intake, .327 exhaust, degreed at 105.625, amd 105.5 respectively. Dropped right in, but if you got that route, be sure that the unfinished portions of the cams is a smaller diameter than the journals. Definately worth a look if you can get a set of them cheap. Since Webbs are about $400.
              Anyhow, with the combo of bigger cams, bigger displacement (1230) and smoothbore Mikunis (VM33s), the bike is scary quick. Scary enough that better braking was mandatory. Hence the whole reason I started this thread in the first place.
              The Three Horsemen
              '83 GS1100ES
              ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Nice work. More detail on the bracket? Is that a custom stainless line you had made?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                  Anything in particular you want to know?
                  Cams are from an '88 GSX-R 750. .387 intake, .327 exhaust, degreed at 105.625, amd 105.5 respectively. Dropped right in, but if you got that route, be sure that the unfinished portions of the cams is a smaller diameter than the journals. Definately worth a look if you can get a set of them cheap. Since Webbs are about $400.
                  Anyhow, with the combo of bigger cams, bigger displacement (1230) and smoothbore Mikunis (VM33s), the bike is scary quick. Scary enough that better braking was mandatory. Hence the whole reason I started this thread in the first place.
                  Thanks for the info. The intakes would be too much lift for my needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X