GS1000 stock pistons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 stock pistons??

I want to rebuild my motor this winter. Are Suzuki pistons available for overbore?? Is so, where and what are the increments??

Oversized pistons should be available. Sometimes its confusing because pistons/rings might be sold as a set with a single part number, so keep that in mind when asking.

I'd start here.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

i would look at getting wiseco pistons, they are the same price or close, will bump compression a bit, give you a touch more cc's 1085cc's and rings and whatever else are needed are easily ordered and gotten.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

How do they increase compression and also increase displacement at the same time? I would think that higher compression would require a smaller combustion chamber, lowering displacement a tad.

Comment

Bigger domes for the cr increase and larger diameter for the displacement increase. You will have to rum premium fuel with the wiseco. Dan

Comment

So you have to bore the cylinders to fit them?

Comment

when doing any pistons it is a good idea to at least hone the cylinders. But since he asked about using pistons that are overbore, that would required a re-boring to fit the new pistons, so why not add some better pistons then over sized oem ones, since you have to pay for the machine work anyways. The machinist doesn't care if it is a .5 mm or 2mm's. If you are worried about running premium gas because of the higher CR. You could see about getting a thicker head gasket or have the machinist shave the dome of the piston down a bit. I don't think running premium is that big of a deal anyways.
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Try Orient Express.
                I bought pistons and valves from them a few years ago when I rebuilt my 1000.
                Keith
                -------------------------------------------
                1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Wiseco are the go over stock every time. IMHO, that is. You get the lot in a kit, anyway: pistons, rings, gudgeon pins, gudgeon circlips... and a head gasket to boot.

Comment

Working...
                  X