GS1000 turbo kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 turbo kit?

I'm looking to turbo my gs1k but don't know what to expect as far as money and trouble are concerned. Is it worth it and how much HP will I gain?

amendment: its a 78 1kE

Comment

You will need a kit for a GS1100 and a intake manifold for a KZ with a adapter plate between the head and manifold. I had a old ATP kit on a almost stock GS 1000 / 1026cc ,KZ clutch basket , welded crank and APE valve springs Ran 5.29@129mph in the 1/8 mile in a home built drag bike .About 230 hp @ 25 lbs boost

Comment

Originally posted by LarryT View Post
        You will need a kit for a GS1100 and a intake manifold for a KZ with a adapter plate between the head and manifold. I had a old ATP kit on a almost stock GS 1000 / 1026cc ,KZ clutch basket , welded crank and APE valve springs Ran 5.29@129mph in the 1/8 mile in a home built drag bike .About 230 hp @ 25 lbs boost
        25 pounds? Are you f-wording serious? I'm looking for something ridiculous so I can do 25 pounds but how many passes would that last?...is it reliable enough to race all the time without having a backup motor? Where can I find these parts?

Comment

P.S. This is my first turbo job and my 5th ride on the stable currently. I'm not a noob trying to do this to my daily rider. I'm just not schooled in the turbo arena.

Comment

I raced the bike for about 5years almost every weekend @ 17 t0 20 lbs ran 5.40s @ 120s almost no damage but one rod bearing was loose, replaced the crank and rods .The engine had MTC 1026cc 1mm over pistons. it was more like 210-220hp

Comment

I dunno what the .... anyone said here but I want one....\\/

220 hp - oooohhh yehhhhh

Comment

Hey, Phark,

I know it's not a GS, but here is the best picture I can find real quick that shows what they are talking about: \\/

And, as Monty Python used to say, now for something completely different: :shock:
                sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Is that a goldwing engine?!!!!

Comment

Yep, complete Wing chassis and drivetrain. Other than that, I don't know any other specs.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My bike I have now

Comment

GSX 1100 turbo'd

This was a nice clean example for sale in Oz 12months ago, was goin for about three grand if i remeber right just needed exhaust to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ausben View Post
                          This was a nice clean example for sale in Oz 12months ago, was goin for about three grand if i remeber right just needed exhaust to finish.

whoa - now that might just do...

my old black beast is in need of cam chain, disks all round, chain, and prolly a full engine rebuild if Im gunna pull it out anyway.... noisy clutch basket, oil leaks etc....

not work I can do nor afford to have done.... its a shame cause it still goes like a bat out a h3ll.... and other than a ZZR or triumph rocket I cant find another bike I feel more comfortable on than the suzi....

thx Ben

and cheers for the piccy Steve... Im really only half as retarded as I sound lol....:shock:

Comment

So anyone have any idea where I can find the parts to put one of these monsters together?

Comment

Just talk to Mr. Turbo.
                              He can set you up....

Comment

Working...
                              X