GS550ES Vance and Hine Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS550ES Vance and Hine Pipe

I installed my Vance and Hines 4 into 1 pipe on my 84 GS550ES and then the troubles started. I needed more fuel and went to 105's and then 107.5's on the mains. The bike after Distraction (Kevin) graciously come to my home and tuned if for me really woke up in the mid and high rpm range. However I installed 40mm emulsion type pilot jets and the and engine was drowning on fuel at idle. I installed 37.5mm non emulsion type pilots and the bike is spot on and is running like never has in the 5 years I have owned it. The pipe sounds awesome and definitily has more punch.
    :-)

That's great. Are you running pods? Where'd you get your jets?

The reason I ask is because I've got an 82 550M with a V&H exhaust and the stock airbox. I'm pretty sure it's got the stock jets. I checked Dynojet's website and all they have for it is a stage III kit. It won't work unless you've got pods as well as the 4 into 1.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Congrats Tom. So it's running smooth all through the range now?

Comment

Thanks T3rmin. Emjay, I am running a stock airbox with K&N air filter. I jetted up from the stock jets, 95's in cylinders 1 and 4 and 102.5's in cylinders 2 and 3.

My first step up was to 105 mains all cylinders. The engine ran strong to about 8,000 rpm and then nosed over. I then put in 107.5's all cylinders and it redlines easily now.

I got my pilot jets at www.crotchrocket.com

I forgot just where I got my mains. Distraction628 if you see this chime in and thank you.

If you want to give me your private e-mail address I will send you some pictures of my old V&H pipe brought back to life :-) It sure sounds GOOD!! , much better that the stock setup and much lighter too.

Comment

Working...
        X