No announcement yet.

quick turn throttle installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried running Mikuni FS's with a single cable.... once... approached a intersection with a red and motor would not shut down.... the return spring is super strong... but the vacuum from a 1400 displacement is even stronger... it kept the slides from closing.

Comment

Hit the killswitch!! LOL

Comment

Sorry

Im sorry i am just totally stupid I have a really dumb question. what do I enter in to the search bar on ebay and what exactly does this throttle tube look like? I know what the grip looks like but am I looking for cables on it or what? I have no idea assume I have absolutely no knowledge of bikes. any thing is helpful.

Thank you

Comment

R1 throttle

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
            Im sorry i am just totally stupid I have a really dumb question. what do I enter in to the search bar on ebay and what exactly does this throttle tube look like? I know what the grip looks like but am I looking for cables on it or what? I have no idea assume I have absolutely no knowledge of bikes. any thing is helpful.

Thank you
            If you're interested in purchasing a set of R1 grips with throttle tube check your PM. I have 2 New sets that I'm willing to sell.

Comment

R6 tube looks the same - any good?
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hate to bump a dead thread but my drum is going to pot and was wondering if anyone had any updates on this?

What exactly gets replaced and what stays? Pics anyone?

Comment

marginal improvment...GS1000

I did the R1 throttle tube mod for my 78 GS1000. I had to sand the face of the throttle tube down aproximatley 1/16 of an inch to get it to fit within the throttle tube housing. To do this... all I did was lay a piece of sand paper on a completley flat surface and rub the non-bar end side on the sand paper. Other than that it works fine and offers a marginal improvment. I wish there was a larger improvment but for how cheap this mod is; its worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukfan78 View Post
                    I did the R1 throttle tube mod for my 78 GS1000. I had to sand the face of the throttle tube down aproximatley 1/16 of an inch to get it to fit within the throttle tube housing. To do this... all I did was lay a piece of sand paper on a completley flat surface and rub the non-bar end side on the sand paper. Other than that it works fine and offers a marginal improvment. I wish there was a larger improvment but for how cheap this mod is; its worth every penny.
                    How much angular movement does it take now to get to wide open?
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

response

Not sure Ill look tomarrow and measure.

Comment

I want to do this, most definitely my next project after I get the bikes back together.

Cory

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukfan78 View Post
                          Just done exactly the same for my 79 S (alloy switch / tube housing) and it too needed 1/16 of an inch sanding off. It now fits fine and the improvement is noticeable. I tried it on an scruffy plastic tube housing off a 550 for comparison and it didn't need sanding.
                          79 GS1000S
                          79 GS1000S (another one)
                          80 GSX750
                          80 GS550
                          80 CB650 cafe racer
                          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

This would be a great mod. Anyone have any pics?
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2009, 01:06 PM. Reason: Complete idiocy.

Comment

U guys might have missed this

This is really the simplest thing to do and works well and you can do it for just about free.
                              You dont have to change the tube, screw with your handlebar grips and you can modify the thickness or even the (cam)profile if you so desire. Just add more PVC. U don't like it start over with a new piece of PVC.

Based onm radius, I got a 20% reduction in rotation for WOT.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Pos
                              Last edited by posplayr; 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X