No announcement yet.

petrol /gas extra tanks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now thats a good place to start.. thanx a lot...

Comment

two thoughts here

My bike has a small tank to (8 L main, 4 L reserve), so I understand your issue.

That said, the only only bike I ever ran out of gas and had to push had a huge gas tank (KLR650, 23 liters total). So big tankage is not the only answer - in my case, a "loose nut on the throttle" also figured in the issue.

For another way around the hassle of fueling a bike with short legs, what I like now are those little keyfob doodads you get from the gas companies - wave it at the pump, gas up and go without ever getting off the bike, removing gloves etc. Really makes it painless.

Comment

What's the bike? What size tank at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
          Well, I didn't say they were pretty-D
          Those ones aren't pretty, but these ones are:
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

that is a mighty pretty jerry can.
            although it does have the advantage of being much more puncture resistant.

Comment

True they are pretty, but, a round tank is a little counterproductive, makes it hard to pack gear around. I really like the square tank idea, I may have to work on that a little.

Comment

If you use a luggage rack, I would recommend going with one of the Sampson models. You could have one fabricated to go into the space the tail section & rear fender occupy. It would probably hold 2-3 gallons, and depending on which model GS you have, may not look that bad.
                JP
                1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                1992 Concours
                2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                2007 FJR

Comment

Working...
                X