Chassis Kits for 1100E Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chassis Kits for 1100E Engine?

Does anybody know of any currently available chassis kits for the 4 valve 1100E engine? I am looking for a streetfighter type chassis, with a sit up riding position and tubular bars if at all possible. In the past, Spondon, Niko Bakker, etc did have some stuff but I don't know of anything still available.

Thanks,
    Mark

Spondon still do'em to order I believe. All of the frame manufacturers at the time did them. They come up on Egay UK and Germany still.

Rau in Germany may also still be making them. If you ask on the German streetfighter sites somebody will put you onto a manufacturer.

Old Skool Suzuki members will know, they have a forum dedicated to aftermarket frames.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedlineMan View Post
      Spondon still do'em to order I believe. All of the frame manufacturers at the time did them. They come up on Egay UK and Germany still.

Rau in Germany may also still be making them. If you ask on the German streetfighter sites somebody will put you onto a manufacturer.

Old Skool Suzuki members will know, they have a forum dedicated to aftermarket frames.
      Spondon will, but I have to admit they are my least favorite of the options in terms of looks. I have heard that the wait times are pretty bad, as well, but I don't know that for sure.

I forgot about Old Skool, I will definitely have a look there.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

Pss-Rau should be able to make you a frame. They offer the kit for about 2800,- Euro at the moment.

PSS
        und Rau
        Am Hundesand 3
        49809 Lingen
        Tel. 0591/9010222
        Fax 0591/9010220
        Their homepage is offline at the moment.
        ON the bottom of that page you see a pic of how the frame looks like:

all bikes on that page are buildups using that type of frame, but there are plenty other ways to build them much more old school!
        They are a little special to deal with, I once ordered a frame for a customer... and let us say it took some time and cost me some nerves. But they offer the possibility to build you a frame to your specs, like what swingarm and stuff. Addititonally they are a bargain compared to SPondon and it is impossible to get a Spondon on the road legally in Germany vs. a Rau is possible (I will not openly discuss how though!). I do not know what paper work you need where you live to get it on the road.

Another option is GSG-MOKO:

klick on "MOKO-Spezialmotorräder" on the left side at the very bottom of page, you see the MOKO-frame-kit. Same basic layout as Rau, better finish (and higher price tag!), slightly less options to choose from. I drive a MOKO with GS1150 engine by myself and I also own a GS1100 with GSXR-forks and stuff. Dude is it fun compared to the GS.

If you want someone locally to deal with it for you or some more info, send me an email and we can exchange phone numbers:

florian.scherer@gmail.com

Greets
        Flo

Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

actually it seems like they went out of business, this is their new company...:

AMV Fahrzeug GmbH
          Schüttelsand 11
          49808 Lingen – Biene
          Tel: +49 5907 9479990
          Fax: +49 5907 9479989
          E-Mail: amv-fahrzeuge@gmx.de

they also have a pretty rough website again...

Greets
          Flo
          Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
            But they offer the possibility to build you a frame to your specs, like what swingarm and stuff. Addititonally they are a bargain compared to SPondon and it is impossible to get a Spondon on the road legally in Germany vs. a Rau is possible (I will not openly discuss how though!). I do not know what paper work you need where you live to get it on the road.
            Thanks for the links Flo. I will do some looking around.

Our rules are very slack here (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) and it is quite simple to get road registered for almost anything. It must have a VIN (or the local police can assign one), and it must pass a safety inspection that checks for working lights, brakes, good tires, etc. Not a problem at all, really.

Mark

Comment

Our rules are very slack here (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) and it is quite simple to get road registered for almost anything. It must have a VIN (or the local police can assign one), and it must pass a safety inspection that checks for working lights, brakes, good tires, etc. Not a problem at all, really.
              good lord, what do I need to immigrate to Canada?!?! Do they need mechanical engineers? I am jealous! It is a HUGE pain here to have a modified or selfmade vehicle inspected, almost impossible if it is newer than 1988. They have to recertify emmissions after any engine change (carbs, air filters, exhaust, cam,...) and stuff like that. Can be big $$$.

Well, let me know if you need assistance with the Rau-people, they are not known for great customer service and not speaking German is not going to help I guess! But they have kind of a monopoly with their product these days. MOKO is better, but also more expensive.

Greets
              Flo

Comment

Bimota started out selling rollers less engine and wiring. The sb4 was the 4 valve suzuki chassis kit. They can still be found but are $$$$

Comment

Is Fritz Elgi still selling rolling chassis kits?

Comment

Drop your 1100 motor into a air/oil cooled GSXR 1100 rolling chassis if you can find one. There's a guy over on OSS who did something similar and it looks
                    T R I C K.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                      good lord, what do I need to immigrate to Canada?!?! Do they need mechanical engineers? I am jealous! It is a HUGE pain here to have a modified or selfmade vehicle inspected, almost impossible if it is newer than 1988. They have to recertify emmissions after any engine change (carbs, air filters, exhaust, cam,...) and stuff like that. Can be big $$$.

Well, let me know if you need assistance with the Rau-people, they are not known for great customer service and not speaking German is not going to help I guess! But they have kind of a monopoly with their product these days. MOKO is better, but also more expensive.

Greets
                      Flo
                      Hey Flo,

We are currently very busy in a decent economic boom and it is not a real problem finding work if you are a mechanical engineer (I am one myself). Alberta is very loose on vehicle regs, no annual safety checks, no emissions checks, almost nothing at all. It is very much the wild west attitude and the government tends to stay out of a fair amount of daily life. Which is both good and bad...

I will pass on the Rau stuff, it just isn't really what I am looking for. I think I will end up trying my hand at building a frame to get just what I am looking for. Tony Foale had a sweet spine frame kit he sold in the 70's and early 80's and that is the closest I've seen to what I want to achieve in the end.

Thanks,
                      Mark

Comment

Or you could try harris or someone like steelheart, whos more likely to do one off type stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X